Occasional Contributor

So, if my throat can feel the pill, it won't go down.  My best remedy is odd, but works.  I chew 1-2-3 Bugles snack (depending on the size of the pill/cap/tablet) just until mushy;  surrond the pill with the Bugles, and 99 3/4 of the time, no problem. Any food that hides the pill also works for me.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I wish the makers of meds could find a way to make smaller pills! I mean some of these things are just ridiculous!   There has to be a way. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs 

In this day and age of Tiny and minuscule electronic devices, I am sure pharma could produce smaller pills. However, knowing how pharma generally works, the pills would be smaller, but the price would do the opposite. It would get exponentially higher.

I do think if more meds came in capsule form in lieu of a chalky coating, it would make it easier for people like yourself to swallow them. Though I have no problem swallowing mine by the handful, I have occasionally got 1 stuck, but never a capsule.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)