Honored Contributor

Adult and still cant..

[ Edited ]

Its embarrassing but I still cannot take large pills!  I get so upset when the Dr prescribes some knowing that I cannot take them. I wonder how many times I have to tell them this LOL.  I wish that I could take them but have tried and I just cannot. Cutting them in half doesnt help either since they are still somewhat big!

Does anyone else have this problem??Woman Frustrated

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

My sister is in her eighties and has never been able to swallow large pills her whole life.  She has trouble with even small ones.

Sometimes medication can be formulated in a different form, such as a liquid, that might be easier for you.  I'd ask my doctor when you need medications.

Esteemed Contributor

I am right there with you @CherryHugs .  I have never been able to swallow pills very well.  Though I can do simple ones like an Advil or something  with a big glass of water but larger ones, forget it.

No need to be embarrassed at all, when I had my first endosocpy 10 years ago my doctor told me later that I have a very small esophagus, who knew????   That has a lot to do with it!   I don't feel bad about it now Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs   Why not get a pill crusher?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

You are not alone

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal 

Thank you for your reply! Its nice to know someone else like this. I know of no one in my family or friends that has this issue, they act like Im weird! Woman Sad 

I too can take things like that too like advil.  

Wow I never heard of that but I am going to remember that and that just might be my issue too!!! Woman Wink

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Well some meds you are not supposed to crush at all! Good idea but just wont work on some meds.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette   Thank you so much for your reply. Truly it is good to know of others since I never knew of anyone ever but me with this issue. I get so tired of people thinking Im a nut over this!!

I can take most capsules ok. Liquid would be great!!

Honored Contributor

I cant even take large size vitamins and have to buy the petites! They are hard to find around here so I get from Amazon.Man Embarassed

Honored Contributor

I have one large pill that I have to take in the AM. I have a problem like yours but not as severe. I'm able to take it with my oatmeal of all things, but it helps. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan