Esteemed Contributor

Re: Addiegal, Ford, questions!

On 6/28/2014 addiegal said: I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I can understand being overwhelmed with just too much to cope. All my best to her and you, as it is so hard feeling helpless and hurt when someone you love is ill.

Thanks addie, I knew you would understand!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

That's horrible, Emmiesmom. I am so sorry that your friend is caught up in this medical situation. I don't see how they can operate on someone with an irregular heartbeat due to the risks of using anesthesia on such a person. I will keep your friend in my prayers, too.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/28/2014 Jersey Born said:

That's horrible, Emmiesmom. I am so sorry that your friend is caught up in this medical situation. I don't see how they can operate on someone with an irregular heartbeat due to the risks of using anesthesia on such a person. I will keep your friend in my prayers, too.

Thank you! She knows the risks but she HAS to have the surgery, she's aware she may not survive the surgery. Its just awful and she is the sweetest person, it breaks my heart! Thanks for your prayers, I will let her know!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

To come to an anonymous public internet bulletin board for information on how to cope with something as potentially serious as cardiac arrythmia -- and in what sounds like a very complex, tenuous medical situation -- is ridiculous and dangerous. You say your friend is working with cardiologists. Let them give her advice. Stay out of this and let her doctors advise her. If she is already having problems stemming from a medication she is taking, she certainly doesn't need other random substances thrown into the mix. She has doctors; let them do their job. I am sure she values your friendship and support, but you are in no position to help her medically.

Respected Contributor

I can personally tell you what happened to my mom who has arrythmia. She got off of her coumadin and went to alternative vitamins/herbs and had a stroke. I would urge you to let the cardiologist help her. I know the side effects of these drugs and what they can do to you BUT the alternative is even worse. Mom had to leave the comforts of her home and lives in an assisted living facility. Please be careful. I partially blame my sisters for her health and am sure you do not want to be the brunt of something awful happening to your friend if she does not heed her doctor's advice. JMHO. I wish you the best in helping your friend.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/29/2014 Hoovermom said:

I can personally tell you what happened to my mom who has arrythmia. She got off of her coumadin and went to alternative vitamins/herbs and had a stroke. I would urge you to let the cardiologist help her. I know the side effects of these drugs and what they can do to you BUT the alternative is even worse. Mom had to leave the comforts of her home and lives in an assisted living facility. Please be careful. I partially blame my sisters for her health and am sure you do not want to be the brunt of something awful happening to your friend if she does not heed her doctor's advice. JMHO. I wish you the best in helping your friend.

I would never tell her to go against her doctor's wishes. I am here to support her and to take care of her, thats all I can do. Thanks for your well wishes~ I am sorry about your mother.

-- Mae West