Esteemed Contributor

Re: Addiegal, Ford, questions!

On 6/27/2014 masque said:
On 6/27/2014 adelle38 said:
On 6/27/2014 happy housewife said:

She should not be taking ANYTHING except what her doctor orders for her - including OTC herbs and supplements. And YOu should not be prescribing them to her either.

Nevertheless, it's good advice. Dealing with antibiotics and arrythmia can be life threatening and should be treated by physicians.

I agree with happy housewife and adelle. It upsets me to see such posts as the OP.I hope this thread will be deleted.

Why did you read this post then? It wasn't addressed to you!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/27/2014 sophiamarie said:
On 6/27/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 6/27/2014 Ford1224 said:

I'm sorry, emmiesmom, but I have no idea what should be done in this situation. I always research things on my own. I wish I could help. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I know. I checked with her pharmacist and she told me the things she would suggest would interfere with her other meds. Her doctor had no suggestions.

Is she seeing a Cardiologist??

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/27/2014 addiegal said: Here is a link from the FDA on this antibiotic and heart arrythymia. This is a serious situation. I am so sorry she is going through this... http://www.fda.gov/drugs/drugsafety/ucm341822.htm

Thanks, we know its serious. Her doctors don't seem to get it. That why I reached out for help, NOT attacks. I am so sick of the nasty women on here that post. I addressed this to YOU and Ford! I talked to her pharmacist, there is nothing else I can do!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/28/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 6/27/2014 sophiamarie said:
On 6/27/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 6/27/2014 Ford1224 said:

I'm sorry, emmiesmom, but I have no idea what should be done in this situation. I always research things on my own. I wish I could help. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I know. I checked with her pharmacist and she told me the things she would suggest would interfere with her other meds. Her doctor had no suggestions.

Is she seeing a Cardiologist??

YES!!! She is under the care of several doctors.

-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Because this is such a serious condition I would not attempt to suggest anything for fear it might harm her. I think that is what everyone wants to convey. If the pharmacist said he knew of nothing, and her doctor said he knew nothing to do, there is nothing more you can do...even though I know you want to help her because you care. You have a good heart!
Respected Contributor

Good morning, Emmiesmom. As everyone is expressing here, cardiac matters are very serious matters. If your client's arrythmia cannot be stopped by her present cardiologist, perhaps she should be seen by a new cardiologist, who might have different ideas regarding how to eliminate the irregular heartbeat. Even if her arrythmia has been set off by a drug, it still might be tied to a bad, or errant, cardiac impulse "pathway." Sometimes, cardiac ablation (through the use of a catheter threaded up through the leg to the heart) can be used to get rid of a bad pathway, which in turn, gets rid of the arrhythmia. Another intervention done by a cardiologist is cardioversion, a pretty scary procedure, if the arrhythmia is severe and will not stop.

I sure hope time off from the antibiotic is enough to get her heart back to a normal rhythm, however. All the best to her.

Super Contributor

The only thing, you might print out the FDA link I posted and give it to her to read. It might help. It gives details of the situations in which this is most likely to occur.
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/28/2014 Jersey Born said:

Good morning, Emmiesmom. As everyone is expressing here, cardiac matters are very serious matters. If your client's arrythmia cannot be stopped by her present cardiologist, perhaps she should be seen by a new cardiologist, who might have different ideas regarding how to eliminate the irregular heartbeat. Even if her arrythmia has been set off by a drug, it still might be tied to a bad, or errant, cardiac impulse "pathway." Sometimes, cardiac ablation (through the use of a catheter threaded up through the leg to the heart) can be used to get rid of a bad pathway, which in turn, gets rid of the arrhythmia. Another intervention done by a cardiologist is cardioversion, a pretty scary procedure, if the arrhythmia is severe and will not stop.

I sure hope time off from the antibiotic is enough to get her heart back to a normal rhythm, however. All the best to her.

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately she has to take the antibiotic because she has a severe infection. She has to have surgery very soon. She's between a rock and a hard place and she thinks she won't survive the surgery. I love this dear friend and I am trying to do what I can. She's so sick and fragile, that any doctor visits etc, are just too much. She's too sick.They did the least invasive test on her heart. She can't tolerate anything more. I appreciate your kind words! Thats why I'm upset, some posters think they have all the answers. She's been seeing several doctors, she takes so many meds necessary for her life..its not as simple as some think. The meds, as you know interact with other drugs and cause terrible side effects. She's on steroids among other things. I know some of my friends on here can relate. The meds she needs to take are making her sick!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/28/2014 addiegal said: The only thing, you might print out the FDA link I posted and give it to her to read. It might help. It gives details of the situations in which this is most likely to occur.

addie, at this point, anything is overwhelming for her. I am praying for her and will be with her for support. I am the only ONE that cares at this point. She will have to have alot of help after surgery. I adore her and would be devastated if something happens. She is the only one I have ever met that truly understands what I have gone through, because she has herself. She is a soulmate and she told me yesterday she feels the same. I am so blessed to be in her life. Thanks for your concern!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

-- Mae West
Super Contributor

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I can understand being overwhelmed with just too much to cope. All my best to her and you, as it is so hard feeling helpless and hurt when someone you love is ill.