Esteemed Contributor

Its me again! My client has arrythmia. They found out its from the zithromax. My question, do you know of any supplements she could take to counteract this? Its the only antibiotic she can take. Thanks for any help, as always~

EM

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Re: Addiegal, Ford, questions!

She should not be taking ANYTHING except what her doctor orders for her - including OTC herbs and supplements. And YOu should not be prescribing them to her either.

Super Contributor

Emmiesmom, I would not suggest she or anyone having arrythymia take anything other than what is prescribed by her doctor. Hope she is soon feeling better...
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, emmiesmom, but I have no idea what should be done in this situation. I always research things on my own. I wish I could help. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/27/2014 Ford1224 said:

I'm sorry, emmiesmom, but I have no idea what should be done in this situation. I always research things on my own. I wish I could help. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I know. I checked with her pharmacist and she told me the things she would suggest would interfere with her other meds. Her doctor had no suggestions.

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/27/2014 happy housewife said:

She should not be taking ANYTHING except what her doctor orders for her - including OTC herbs and supplements. And YOu should not be prescribing them to her either.

I didn't ask for YOUR advice!

-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

On 6/27/2014 emmiesmom said:

I didn't ask for YOUR advice!

Nevertheless, it's good advice. Dealing with antibiotics and arrythmia can be life threatening and should be treated by physicians.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/27/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 6/27/2014 Ford1224 said:

I know. I checked with her pharmacist and she told me the things she would suggest would interfere with her other meds. Her doctor had no suggestions.

Is she seeing a Cardiologist??

Super Contributor

Here is a link from the FDA on this antibiotic and heart arrythymia. This is a serious situation. I am so sorry she is going through this... http://www.fda.gov/drugs/drugsafety/ucm341822.htm
Valued Contributor

On 6/27/2014 adelle38 said:

Nevertheless, it's good advice. Dealing with antibiotics and arrythmia can be life threatening and should be treated by physicians.

I agree with happy housewife and adelle. It upsets me to see such posts as the OP.I hope this thread will be deleted.