Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actual Doctor Visits --- Anyone Have Any Yet???

I have an emergency dental appointment on Tuesday, but she told me that she was opening her office back up on June 4.  As far as my regular doctor, I have an appointment mid-June, but I am thinking of cancelling.  I already had a phone conference with her and got my blood tests done yesterday.  I see no reason to make an office visit unless it is essential.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I had a visit by phone.

Nobody mentioned a co-pay, so far.

She suggested a routine blood test at the lab in June or July.

I'll probably wait until Aug. or Sept. as long as I'm feeling well.  I'll figure out what my intuition tells me at that time.

Another doc's assistant wanted a Skype type of visit.

Good luck on that one!  (lol..........with all of the inconsistancies of my Internet access and all.........).

She said that most of the docs and nurses aren't working and aren't on their floor.  Just a few assistants, and emergency docs, of course.  

Well, with any luck at all, things will be somewhat back to normal, more or less.  

Especially if each of us continue to be careful and courteous to those around us.  

That's the 'key', imo.  Keep safe.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@noodleann 

My two tele-visits were the same as a regular  office visit. Medicare waived the co-pay.

You should contact your provider with any questions. 

I probably should have clarified in one of my responses here to all of you that I'm not on Medicare yet and neither is my husband, and that our doctor's office will expect a co-pay from us--my husband and I, when we have an office visit.

It may of course, be different for the rest of you regarding co-pays, and whether or not you have to pay them when you see your doctor/s. Smiley Happy

Wishing all of us the best of health, and better days ahead! Heart

Regular Contributor

Went to the dentist a couple of days before lock down.  Had to go to the eye dr twice during lock down, you must wait in car and go in when your appt is scheduled, not one minute before.  I had a phone chat today with my regular dr to refill my thyroid prescription.  Have to go for blood work next week, again you have to schedule the appt and wait in the car.  All was fine, didn't feel afraid in the least of catching a germ.

Honored Contributor

I go next week.  The office called me and told me that I am to arrive at exactly my scheduled appointment time.  No earlier and no later.  I am required to wear a mask and my temp will be taken before I step foot inside the office.

I had a medical test yesterday at the hospital.  I had to put my mask on before I entered the hospital.  They asked what I was there for and put a wristband on me then took my temp.  I was then directed to check in for my test.  I was required to wear the mask throughout the test and until I left the building.

I also have an eye doctor appointment in June.  I'm more nervous about that because they are right up in your face.     

Esteemed Contributor

@dsky wrote:

Went to the dentist a couple of days before lock down.  Had to go to the eye dr twice during lock down, you must wait in car and go in when your appt is scheduled, not one minute before.  I had a phone chat today with my regular dr to refill my thyroid prescription.  Have to go for blood work next week, again you have to schedule the appt and wait in the car.  All was fine, didn't feel afraid in the least of catching a germ.

I was wondering how blood work was done.  I need it done and don't want to be in the waiting room with a lot of people.  I'm holding out a few more months before I schedule mine.

I need to see the eye doctor and that one will have to wait longer, I'm afraid.

Respected Contributor

A couple of months ago, I had a cell phone office visit.  (Not a fan).  Something I'm not used to and didn't care for it. 

I had an in office visit yesterday.  My temperature was checked and I didn't have to wear a mask.

Trusted Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@dsky wrote:

I was wondering how blood work was done.  I need it done and don't want to be in the waiting room with a lot of people.  I'm holding out a few more months before I schedule mine.

I need to see the eye doctor and that one will have to wait longer, I'm afraid.

My husband and I had to do blood work for our recent doctor's appointments.

We went to a lab closer to us, that's usually not as busy as the one at our main hospital.

We got there when the lab opened, so we were the first patients there in the morning. 

We were wearing our own masks, or we would have been asked to wear masks provided by the medical office group. 

There was a small area where we had to go first in the medical building to answer COVID-19 questions, and to have our temperatures taken. After that, we could go to the main reception area and then check in.

In the main waiting room, all of the chairs were spread apart so that people could not sit close together, but we did not need to sit out there, as we would be going right to the lab waiting area. 

After we had checked in in the front area, we could go to the lab waiting area.

We were still the only ones there yet, and they had the lab waiting area chairs arranged so that they were spread spaced apart from each other, so that you could not sit close to another person. 

We were then called into the phlebotomy blood drawing room, one at a time. 

That was it. Smiley Happy

I'm sure that if you have any concerns, you could call the lab first before you go, and find out how they're handling things with the COVID-19 Pandemic.

For example, you could call and ask like if you wait in a waiting room with other people for your lab work, or do you wait in your car until your name gets called, and so on. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

My husband has 2 appointments the 2nd week of June and he wants me to cancel both. I have 1 in August and will only go if I really need to do otherwise will cancel a few days before I'm scheduled.