Super Contributor

Hi LilacTree,

I wonder if using MyFitnessPal in reverse might be helpful for you. First you have to figure out how many calories you need to maintain your weight - then add maybe 500 calories a day to that number - then track daily in the app.

MyFitnessPal tracks all kinds of stuff like exercise and how that impacts your weight + water intake + micronutrients - all kinds of stuff...

Adding 500 calories a day should give you a weekly gain of about a pound a week.

Honored Contributor

Re: About weight . . .

[ Edited ]

I have scleroderma with malabsorption. I have to eat nutrient dense foods to keep my weight from going down. I don't eat food that is empty calorie type. Everything I eat is non-processed. I don't eat condiments of any kind. No dairy except for whole milk yogurt. I eat gluten-free bread, not because I have a gluten problem, but because I don't eat wheat products to keep inflammation minimal. Food that causes inflammation is always a concern for me. I am constantly keeping an eye on new food that doesn't cause inflammation but is anti-inflammatory and healthy.

If I had to describe my diet using one word, that word would be simple.

Respected Contributor

@LilacTreeAugust is far off for someone who is suffering, as you are. The RA doc would want to know what's happening with you now, when an intervention of some sort (medication, therapy, etc.) could do you some good and perhaps change the course of your disease.  Please, please move up your appointment!

Trusted Contributor

Will your insurance provide for dietician services?  

Valued Contributor

I know you said your Dr. appointment isn't until August...perhaps you could call the office and speak to the nurse about your concerns and get some guidance re: your diet/...good luck!

Honored Contributor

How about apple slices dipped in almond butter or avocado slices on a toasted English muffin as snacks?  

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree, Good morning sweet lady!  You could call your RA dr and leave a mesage with the nurse about the new lupus diagnosis.  See if she could see you sooner.  I'm sorry you are having medical problems.  Please try not to let it lower your spirits.  Love, SC Heart

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@LilacTreeAugust is far off for someone who is suffering, as you are. The RA doc would want to know what's happening with you now, when an intervention of some sort (medication, therapy, etc.) could do you some good and perhaps change the course of your disease.  Please, please move up your appointment!

@vsm 

I am on the cancellation list.  They have offered someone else in their practice.  However I liked her so much that I don’t want to risk anyone else.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't know how an inability to eat whatever you think you need to eat to gain weight would lead to dehydration.  You are not a nutritionist or dietician so there is no way that you can deal with this on your own.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you're dehydrated my dear.  You'd have to use up 7,000 calories to equal 2 pounds.