Honored Contributor

. . . Trying to gain is just as hard as trying to lose.  I gain a pound or two, but if I have one bad day of not being able to eat enough, those two pounds disappear.  Then I get dehydrated which leads to other symptoms.  It’s a never ending battle.

Since I have been diagnosed with lupus several weeks ago, it’s been worse, and I have not actually discussed this diagnosis or treatment of it with the RA doc yet because my appt is not until late August.

I am frustrated and exhausted.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear that.  I wish I could come over and cook something for you!

What sounds good?

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

. . . Trying to gain is just as hard as trying to lose.  I gain a pound or two, but if I have one bad day of not being able to eat enough, those two pounds disappear.  Then I get dehydrated which leads to other symptoms.  It’s a never ending battle.

Since I have been diagnosed with lupus several weeks ago, it’s been worse, and I have not actually discussed this diagnosis or treatment of it with the RA doc yet because my appt is not until late August.

@LilacTree 

My SIL has lupus .. the steroids she takes caused her to gain A LOT of weight.  She went up several sizes.

Valued Contributor

Aww, I'm so sorry.  Do you like Milkshakes?  How about breads and pasta?  A nice slice of french bread with cream cheese on it?  An alfredo sauce on pasta will add the pounds.  Believe me!  Whatever you eat must be high in calories (and somewhat healthy of course).  Most Smoothie shops sell high caloric, healthy shakes for bodybuilders and the such.  Maybe you can buy some of those.  Eat what appeals to you and lots of it. 

I know that if you depressed it will be hard to summon your appetite but just put the food in your mouth, chew and swallow.  Above all don't be discouraged, it will get better.     

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

meds.@ALRATIBA wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@LilacTree 

My SIL has lupus .. the steroids she takes caused her to gain A LOT of weight.  She went up several sizes.

@ALRATIBA 

Most people do gain.  I’ve been on prednisone for 14 years, but at a very low dose, 8 mgs per day.  That may be the difference.  I have suffered other side effects from it though.  It’s one of those love it/hate it meds.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Northray wrote:

Aww, I'm so sorry.  Do you like Milkshakes?  How about breads and pasta?  A nice slice of french bread with cream cheese on it?  An alfredo sauce on pasta will add the pounds.  Believe me!  Whatever you eat must be high in calories (and somewhat healthy of course).  Most Smoothie shops sell high caloric, healthy shakes for bodybuilders and the such.  Maybe you can buy some of those.  Eat what appeals to you and lots of it. 

I know that if you depressed it will be hard to summon your appetite but just put the food in your mouth, chew and swallow.  Above all don't be discouraged, it will get better.     

@Northray 

unfortunately none of those delicious foods are recommended to eat with lupus.  I do drink one to two Resource 2 nutrition drinks per day, they are 480 calories  each.   I think they are keeping me alive.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

So sorry to hear that.  I wish I could come over and cook something for you!

What sounds good?

@Sweetbay magnolia 

That’s the problem, so many foods are disallowed for lupus.  I truly don’t know what to eat. Unfortunately, we don’t have a farmers market close by.  

Thanks for the offer though!  

Formerly Ford1224
Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains links.

Esteemed Contributor

Life has a way of slapping you hard. I hope you see your doctor and they get you on a path to feeling better.  (((((Hugs))))) to you! ❤️🙏

QVC Customer Care