Honored Contributor

Re: About my wife's upcoming brain surgery.

Prayers for both of you.

Respected Contributor

I actually had back surgery like 15 years ago. I was numb from the waist down. They found I had 2 discs starting to stick in my spinal cord. I went in for emergency surgery in roger Williams hospital. My surgeon's were Dr sampath and Dr cobb.everything went really well. They had said if they can't get it .then they would close me up and take me to to hospital and go in from the front. Fortunately they did it all from the back. Both surgeons were very good. Thank you for your knowledge. 

Contributor

My daughter is having her breast removed,Oct 4th. She has stage 3 cancer. They said she can not ,have no one with her. I know how you feel. This is my second daughter in a year to get breast cancer. I am so sorry. I pray for you both. As a former nurse,i do not agree with this. Please let her know she will be blessed. God speed.
Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 

@Stila 

I'm so sorry neither of you can be with your loved ones but If it helps to know ...all here on these boards will be 🙏🏻 for them.

I know I will.  Spouse just spent week in hospital & I was only allowed certain hours due to his condition -- frankly, I was glad because many are very sick and last thing we need is ME be sick.

Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG  Love that !

Contributor

Thank you everyone for the prayers. My daughter made it through the surgery. No notice ,of how her chemo went before surgery. Hoping it supressed the cancer. Hope your wife made it safely through surgery. My prayers are with you. God bless !
Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 

So very sorry.

A nurse or another assigned professional will meet her at the door and walk through everything with her.

SHE will be safer as a result of the policy.  Your wife won't be unnecessarily exposed to anything while she is in their professional care.

Prayers and good thoughts are being sent to you.  I taught so many students whom became RNs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stila, Prayers being said for your daughters. I hope that they will recover in comfort and that treatment can help them. Take care of yourself also. ❤️