Respected Contributor

Re: About my wife's upcoming brain surgery.

I want to thank everyone for all your thoughts prayers and well wishes. I will update this when we know. More. Good luck and good night to everyone.

Super Contributor

I know how difficult this pandemic has been when we want/need to be with a family member who is in for surgery.  My husband needed triple bypass surgery on Jan. 26 and all I was able to do was drive him a hour to the hospital, go with him to a drop off area and then drive back home.  Next time I saw him was a week later for his release date and they brought him out to our car.   Stressful and sad but thankful everything worked out for us.  Sending you good wishes that your wife will be well and back home with this awful experience behind you both.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 , I will be saying prayers for your wife and you.  COVID makes hard things harder.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 

I am sorry to read that your wife must have this surgery.  It is bad enough to have to go through this, but to not be allowed to be with her is so sad.  This virus stuff --- it is so frustrating and is causing so much havoc and pain in everybody's lives -- in every way, shape and form.  We are all just so weary of it.  I know we will all be thinking good thoughts for you and your wife.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Pooky1, unfortunately, because of Covid, medical facilities are having to place all types of restrictions. Hospital visitation here is strictly monitored, one visitor per patient for set hours. Also some are up to the decisions of the doctors.
Our son works in a large, local hospital here. The staff there & I'm sure at your facility, go above & beyond to care for the patients. Our son & his co-workers take every spare minute they can to pop their head in a room to just chat with the patient, of course if they are up to it.
You & your dear wife are in my prayers. I wish her an easy , complete recovery. You are a prince of a husband! Hopefully soon you both will be enjoying those delicious meals you always prepare!
Keep positive & take extra good care! 🙏💕🌺🌈🤗
Trusted Contributor

That is SOOOOOOOOOO unfair and I would fight that.  COVID rules are a bunch of BS and I imagine vary by state.  Family members going through surgery need someone else there who can act as an advocate and hear what doctors and nurses are saying and ask questions.

My mother was told she couldn't be in the hospital with my dad, she then fought it and was able to be in there.  

My son was in the ER a couple weeks ago, I was able to walk into the ER unmasked to be with him.  No one said anything to me at that hospital.

Best of luck and prayers for your wife.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1   wishing your wife a safe surgery and recovery!    is it RIH?  i had C-Spine surgery Dec 2019 and was "dropped off" at 7:00 AM and only the surgical patients waited in the room, no freinds/family. is Dr. Dob___ performing surgery? He's the Top neurosurgeon. the best

Respected Contributor

Miimosa. It is in Rhode Island hospital. The nerosergeon is dr. Clinger. I know thats not the right spelling of her name. They said were lucky to have her in Rhode Island. She's the best in the country and all her reviews were excellent. Are you from ri?

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Miimosa. It is in Rhode Island hospital. The nerosergeon is dr. Clinger. I know thats not the right spelling of her name. They said were lucky to have her in Rhode Island. She's the best in the country and all her reviews were excellent. Are you from ri?

@Pooky1    i am, yes.    Brown Neurosurgery is the best. i know the name, her CV is extensive. your wife is in good hands - believe me -  the brain and spine require top-notch professionals.   i have had 2 L-spine surgeries and one C-spine surgery with this group at RI Hospital.   should the need arise would not hesitate to have another surgery with them.  

Respected Contributor

Rhode Island hospital is the best in the area. The alternative would be Boston.  Thoughts and prayers are with her.