Respected Contributor

About my wife's upcoming brain surgery.

She went for her preoperative testing .her surgery is on October 12th. While she was doing preoperative testing they informed her that the day of her surgery she can only be dropped off at the door. No one can be with her on the first day. She's so upset.

Respected Contributor

Re: About my wife's upcoming brain surgery.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know it's been a rule due to Covid. It must be very scarey and I would feel the same way. Prayers for you both.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

She went for her preoperative testing .her surgery is on October 12th. While she was doing preoperative testing they informed her that the day of her surgery she can only be dropped off at the door. No one can be with her on the first day. She's so upset.

That is understandable. Do you mean the first day as in before she has the surgery? Or will you drop her off early the day of the surgery? If before the surgery, maybe you can have a lot of video chats. 

I will be thinking of both of you and hope for the best possible outcome. The waiting and dread has to be awful.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Think positive. 

The doctors are amazing at what they can do these days.

Wishing you both the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1  I am so sorry you are faced with the inability to be with your wife.  It is challenging enough that you are facing the surgery. This will be over soon and wishing you a speedy recovery.  Sending positive thoughts and prayers. Keep your wife in your thoughts during the surgery.  She will not be alone.  Please keep us updated.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1  I'm sorry you can't be with your wife the day of surgery. With the pandemic it seems to be the standing procedure not to allow visitors. 

Maybe you could tell her while she's in surgery you are taking a walk and thinking of her. The fresh air would do you good also! 
          🌤🌲 🚶🏼🌳

Respected Contributor

She was told when she is having surgery she can only be dropped off.  We don't know the time of surgery yet. She thinks only the same 2 people can visit her from 2 until 7 pm. But only one at a time. So her mom and I will take turns going in and out of her room.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear that. First, I wish your wife successful surgery and a quick and complete recovery.

I was told the same thing last year when I went in for a surgical procedure. When I got to the wating room, several folks had someone with them. I spoke to them and all they had done was contact their physician who gave permission to have someone with them. That might be an option for you if you haven't tried that already. Your vaccination status may also be relevant.

I had a ruptured brain aneurym several years ago and survived. One of my closest friends had successful brain surgery last week to remove a huge tumor. I belong to a (now virtual) brain aneurysm support group. Your wife might wish to ask if ther is such a group in your area or go online for a brain surgery support group. Support is an integral part of healing and this is a difficult surgery to go through "alone".

Best of luck to your wife. Please let us know how she makes out. Saying prayers.

Respected Contributor

I sincerely hope no one complains about this suggestion so that it is allowed to stay at least long enough for Pooky1 to see it.  

@Pooky1  Nearly 30 years ago, I had an illness with less than 1% chance of a 1 year survival rate, and I needed surgery.  A very wise woman gave me this suggestion, and now I pass it on to your wife:

Just before she enters either the hospital doors or/and the operating room,  "Stop (ask the attendant to pause a moment) and let Jesus go in first."   The point is for her to remind herself she is not alone. 

Blessings of assurance for both of you.  ---Mrs. G. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I just told my wife what you said about asking the doctor about having someone be there with her. May I ask what state you are in? Were in Rhode Island.