Honored Contributor

Re: About Coronovirus and World Health Organization meeting!

@sidsmom wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

I saw on the news where this group of apparently stupid people in California thought the Coronavirus was caused by Corona beer.  They were picketing outside a liquor store.  How dumb can you be?  In California, I guess anything is possible.  Land of the weird.

@Jinlei 

What city was that in?

Google/Twitter didn't pull anything up....curious

Faux news!  

Honored Contributor

It’s all over FB people cutting up limes for the corona virus. IT’S A STUPID JOKE. 

People in the US hate certain parts of the USA. Very sad. No wonder we’re so divided. Starts at the top.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ    Yes, of course it is a joke.  People "all over the US" are calling it the beer virus.   Yet a poster here, decided to bash an entire state, and another one said she "loved" that post.  I agree, it's very sad.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

It’s all over FB people cutting up limes for the corona virus. IT’S A STUPID JOKE. 

People in the US hate certain parts of the USA. Very sad. No wonder we’re so divided. Starts at the top.

....and it's conveniently 'California'. 
When I googled & nothing pulled up, yeah that's a red flag.

I'm surprise people still believe it's true....

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ    Yes, of course it is a joke.  People "all over the US" are calling it the beer virus.   Yet a poster here, decided to bash an entire state, and another one said she "loved" that post.  I agree, it's very sad.   

@september  Yes, very sad. Sometimes I have a hard time reading here. So many people,,,so different. 

Honored Contributor

Proud to be a Californian. Born here and lived most of my life here.

From USA Today:

The alcoholic beverage from Mexico showed a surge in Google searches in the past week, along with the term “corona beer virus” and “beer virus.”

In the United States, Google Trends calculated that 57% of the people that searched one of those terms searched for “beer virus,” and the remaining 43% searched for “corona beer virus.”

States like Hawaii, New Mexico and Kansas are searching "beer virus" more, whereas states like South Carolina, Colorado and Arizona are searching "corona beer virus" more.”
Honored Contributor

I just did a search for corona beer virus. I’m now part of the statistics. Doesn’t mean I believe the virus is related to beer. 😉
Trusted Contributor

Well as far as I know free speech is still allowed. I did not know that this was a joke. It was on one of the network news shows. I am sorry I insulted your California. I still think the people that live out there are weird but that is my opinion only. If you do not like it, then don’t read it.
Honored Contributor

Although I no longer live in California, I'm proud to have lived there for over three decades!   So much diversity, and so many wonderful, intelligent people.  

Honored Contributor

Wow. Everyone that lives in a certain state is weird. Ok then. I could say some things about attitudes in other states but I’ll sit on my hands and go back to the Super Bowl pregame.