Honored Contributor

APRIL is Esophageal Cancer Awareness Month

Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL is Esophageal Cancer Awareness Month

Image may contain: text

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono,

Thanks for this information, much appreciated,http://www.glitterbucket.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Superb-Have-A-Nice-Day-Pic.gif

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Thank you so much for posting this reminder every year.

Like the PSA says...it’s preventable...diet & lifestyle is the answer.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono - Thank you for once again sending out this important reminder. 

As you may remember we had a close friend diagnosed with EC - he passed almost 5 yrs to the day he was diagnosed. It is a horrible disease.

Honored Contributor

My husband passed from this cancer, it was brutal.

He had survived lymphoma

He had been diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus and during a routine visit with his oncologist, the cancer in his esophagus was found.  He lived 9 months after.   I use the term "lived" loosely.   But at least he had the time with his family.

If anyone reading this is struggling with indigestion often, as well as reflux, see a doctor regularly.   Follow the treatment plan.    We so often write it off to overeating a special meal, or "I ate something that didn't agree with me" when it could be something more serious, but treatable.

Condolences to those who have lost loved ones

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@lolakimono 

Thank you so much for posting this reminder every year.

Like the PSA says...it’s preventable...diet & lifestyle and getting an Endoscopy are the answers!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Someone I know just passed away from this 2 weeks ago.  He was diagnosed in January.

He had been having a horrible time with indigestion and acid reflux and was seeing a doctor who kept giving him pills like Prilosec and telling him to watch his diet.  Nothing was helping so finally he demanded tests be run to find out what was going on and it was found.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono ,

Thank you for making everyone here aware of this very preventable deadly disease. My brother-in-law died of complications that started from Esophageal  Cancer. He did live 8 years after a successful surgery to remove most of the affected tissues.

1. Had my Bi-Annual Endoscopy less than 2 weeks ago. Barrett's Esophagus still in check. If ya ain't  had one and are taking OTC or Prescription meds.  IT'S TIME!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

my sister lost her fiance a few years ago to esophageal cancer. he was diagnosed in february and gone in october of the same year. very sad and  he suffered quite a bit during that time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein