Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE HERE TAKE AL's CHOLESTACARE?

@Laura14 since plant sterols are the only supplements listed on the label for Choco Nuvo I would just call it a different delivery method. 

Interestingly, the Choco Nuvo has more per square than one pill of the Cholestacare.  You have to take 3 pills @400mg/pill to get the minimum recommended dosage for effectiveness.  Whereas the Choco Nuvo squares you can take 2 per day @650mg/square for the same minimal effectiveness of 1.3g/day.  The recommendation per Web MD is 1.3g - 3g/day.

6 pills/day gets you to 240mg or 4 squares 260mg.

Honored Contributor

Not to mention the added fat and calories in eating chocolate,.Hhowever there are health benefits to eating dark chocolate. I dont think this product is sold and shipped this time of year. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Only product of his I take, I take 2 with lunch and dinner I take 2 more, I dont eat breakfast.  I would never be concerned over 4 points. 

Cant hurt to give it a try, I have taken these for 18 years now, keeps me in the range of not needing to go on meds. Yesterday, Top Cashback had 21% rebate, but i just looked and today it is 8 %, try to catch it on a good discount. I usually go for thr 720 count. 

@Shelbelle 

I just loooove when I buy an AL supplement on sale with free shipping ... AND the topcashback rebate is 21% ..... AND tcb has a $2.50 incentive for any purchase over $10.  

What's not to like? 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Not to mention the added fat and calories in eating chocolate,.Hhowever there are health benefits to eating dark chocolate. I dont think this product is sold and shipped this time of year. 

@Shelbelle I already eat dark chocolate daily, so I would just have to replace some of it with the Choco Nuvo.  However, I really don't have much faith in plant sterols having much effect.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have taken it for the past 8 or more years and it has not made one bit of difference with my nunbers! I take the purple packet with the fiber. I keep plugging along, as I figure, it can't hurt. My mom has had VERY high Cholesterol since the 1980's when they first started doing routine testing. She will be 93 in October and in better shape than her three children, all in our 60's! In 1984, when my sons were two and three years old, the doctor told me they had high Cholesterol. Whaaaat? I told the doctor they had not been on the earth long enough to have it! He admitted that there is more to it and some they don't know. It does tend to run in some families. I had a CT Scan to detect calcium deposits in the coronary arteries of your heart. The score came back 0%! Yet, my numbers are always high. I have taken meds and they don't make any difference so I no longer take anything and watch what I eat. I agree though there are a lot of factors for getting it under control!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Valued Contributor

Even the over the counter cholesterol reducers make my liver hurt. So just pay attention, start small and notice how your body feels. What I don't like about AL's product when I tried it was it did not say what the ingredients were in it. So I tried it not knowing what it was that made my liver hurt. I've tried many OTC from quality brands from red yeast rice to bergamont, AND  I've tried prescription meds. On another fail of a presciption med right now. I eat low fat, clean, healthy, have a normal weight and ever since I had my gallbladder removed have had high cholesterol. So just be careful and try it if you want and listen to your body. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Only product of his I take, I take 2 with lunch and dinner I take 2 more, I dont eat breakfast.  I would never be concerned over 4 points. 

Cant hurt to give it a try, I have taken these for 18 years now, keeps me in the range of not needing to go on meds. Yesterday, Top Cashback had 21% rebate, but i just looked and today it is 8 %, try to catch it on a good discount. I usually go for thr 720 count. 

@Shelbelle  THANK  YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!  I normally purchase through Rakuten and knew nothing of Top Cashback.   I just joined and ordered the Cholestracare for my husband....   21% ...  OMG...   21%.  I got an email with the amount pending for refund.  The monthly special price and then the 21%... can't beat that.  How do you get your money back or use your $$$?  Thanks again.   What a nice surprise.

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher,

I agree with your post and I love your signature quote!🌨️

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle  THANK  YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!  I normally purchase through Rakuten and knew nothing of Top Cashback.   I just joined and ordered the Cholestracare for my husband....   21% ...  OMG...   21%.  I got an email with the amount pending for refund.  The monthly special price and then the 21%... can't beat that.  How do you get your money back or use your $$$?  Thanks again.   What a nice surprise.

@nyc1 

Just wanted to add my two cents here .... I find TopCashBack to generally have the best rebate percentages .... the best promotions ... and very good customer service if a problem arises.   

As a result, I stopped using Mr Rebates, Rakuten and BeFrugal. 

TCB is tops for me.  lol   Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Starpolisher,

I agree with your post and I love your signature quote!🌨️

Thank you @on the bay !

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran