Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE HERE TAKE A CARB BLOCKER?

@Carmie wrote:

@sidsmom 

@sidsmom   Starches of any kind puts weight on me.  Your way of eating doesn't work for everyone as far as losing weight goes.

But adding more plants into the diet is a good thing.

And....low carb diets do work for taking off weight, some aren't healthy diets, but they do work.

It's not about the starch.

It's the fat.  Reduce your fat percentage of total calories for the

day to 10% or less....guaranteed weight loss. 
Excess calories stores as fat...fat, protein, carbohydrates.

But the body really struggles turning CH to fat. 
'The key is to reduce the fat content

What makes you think I eat a high fat diet?  

Because it's literally humanly impossible to gain weight

if eating starches totally unadorned. Fat is stored as fat. 

Honored Contributor

Save your money.  If it's a pill you're interested in, watch The Magic Pill on Netflix.  It really changed our outlook on our food supply and how we've decided to eat.  

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom Thank you for proving my point in the above post!  

Honored Contributor

The Dubrows sell something under the Consult Health line on ShopHQ called Keto Fusion that I believe is a carb blocker.

I have a friend who swears by some drink that puts your body into ketosis within like 6 hours of drinking it.  I'm assuming it's a carb blocker type of thing as well.   

Trusted Contributor

Folks always want a pill for something.  America is a pill addicted society.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The Dubrows sell something under the Consult Health line on ShopHQ called Keto Fusion that I believe is a carb blocker.

I have a friend who swears by some drink that puts your body into ketosis within like 6 hours of drinking it.  I'm assuming it's a carb blocker type of thing as well.   

I was also going to post this, Dr Dubrow does sell a carb blocker on SHQ. I guess we should read the reviews. 

Respected Contributor

My BIL said he is taking a carb blocker (this was about 6mo's ago) not sure if he's still on it or not. At the time he said he lost 12lbs and could eat anything he wanted as long as he takes these $80 per bottle of pills with the food.  He weighed 260lbs and was at 248lbs that day.  

I have no idea if it was prescription or something you buy online...can't remember the name he gave.  

Personally I don't think that's a good way to go about it.  Changing your diet is the way to go....remove all the junk foods....beer....and on and on that list goes.  Breads/pastas....and so on.  Remove the worst of the worst carbs IMO.  

I can understand this is appealing to him as he doesn't want to stop drinking beer and eating all kinds of processed foods and bread/pastas (was eating all that with his carb blocker that day LOL) 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Save your money.  If it's a pill you're interested in, watch The Magic Pill on Netflix.  It really changed our outlook on our food supply and how we've decided to eat.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I don't have Netflix, but have been seeing these blockers around more.   I'm just waiting for someone to say they work, but I'm not hearing that.  I'm skeptical.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I saw that .....  and it's $48 a bottle !!     Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here’s a decent article about carb blockers from a reliable source. It explains what they are, how they work, side effects and what they are made from. It links to scientific research studies of the efficacy of these products for weight management and appetite control. Read up.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/carb-blockers-101