Honored Contributor

I received my first shipment and have now been taking it for a few days .... but now I think this stuff is -- literally -- too good to be true!    Woman LOL

Has anyone been taking this for a reasonable  length of time,  and can you please speak to any difference in your blood tests?   Did your cholesterol levels drop?

I guess my "complaint" is that it's too tasty to seem effective!

Feedback?

Trusted Contributor

Yes I'm really impressed! I've never had high cholesterol but 2 years ago it was 200, the highest it has ever been. It's usually in the 175-185 range as of the past few years. Most recently in September my number was 169. I've been enjoying Choconuvo most days, 2 or 3 squares, for a year - I think since last December if that's when AL first offered it. The ldl/hdl /triglyceride numbers were fine, though I don't remember what they were. It really is yummy isn't it? I do wish it wasn't so pricey though.

Respected Contributor

ChocoNuvo works well to lower my total cholesterol.  Mine went from 196 to 185 from 2015 to 2016.  (My HDL was at 96, so this makes my total count higher I think).  It was at 201 in 2014.  

I also combined it with AL's Oats and OatBran for a total of five servings a day.  Sometimes I had five ChocoNuvo per day (one for breakfast, two for lunch, two at dinner). Now, if I had oatmeal or oat bran, I did not eat but maybe two or three squares/day.  I did this for at least two months before my fasting blood test (just to see if it justified the cost).    AL's CholesteCare works for me no matter how it is delivered.  Capsule, oats, oat bran, or my favorite, ChocoNuvo.   I like the 66% and 74% 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANY CHOCONUVO USERS?

[ Edited ]

My  blood tests showed no improvement at all.

Chocolate is an obsession  and Andrew's is excellent. I did repurchase because it helps me from eating high sugared chocolate candy.

Some almonds and a couple pieces of his chocolate satisfies my cravings.

Super Contributor

too curious. What is choconuvo?  I'm assuming it's sold on QVC?  May try it. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ditzydori wrote:

too curious. What is choconuvo?  I'm assuming it's sold on QVC?  May try it. Thanks. 

@Ditzydori It is an Andrew Lessman product on HSN and is truly yummy, in addition to being good for you. He also sells it on his own website called ProCaps. He recently had a great sale on HSN, kind of like QVC's TSV day. I believe he said he will be back with it in February. Imagine you can get it on HSN or his website now if he did not sell out, but at a higher price. You have three options......chocolate that is 66%, 74% (my favorite), and somewhere in the 90% range. 

I called his ProCaps company one time and asked if having more than he recommended would be harmful in any way....that's how much I like to eat it. They said no; you can have as much as you want, keeping in mind that each six-gram square is 26 calories. That makes me keep it down to no more than five a day.

He does not make it available during the summer, as his experiment in shipping it in the heat did not turn out well. Smiley Sad So I stocked up for the year.

It's a fairly new product of his; only out for about one year. It truly is the BEST chocolate I have tasted, and I am a chocoholic! It serves as a dessert for me. Well, okay, maybe other times during the day too! Even the 66% is effective and tastes like milk chocolate for those who do not like dark chocolate. I did not like the one that was in the 90% area; it was too bitter for me.

He is the only vendor I purchase from on HSN, as I prefer QVC for all other things. He also has vitamins, minerals, organic teas, etc. His presentations do not include calls from users, but they always show you the reviews, which are exceptionally high. I learn a lot about health from listening to him. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered the highest percent cocoa. I know it is unsweetened but we just could not get it down. We got some cocoa via in capsule form. There is strong evidence that the flavanoids have good benefits for cholesterol levels, blood flow, and overall health and well being. 

I just seems like I just keep adding more and more supplements for better health. 

Honored Contributor

@Ditzydori wrote:

@Ditzydori

Not very often that we come across a chocolate product that actually lowers your cholesterol, LOL.    I got the 74% and will definitely order it again!   Yum!

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I ordered the highest percent cocoa. I know it is unsweetened but we just could not get it down. We got some cocoa via in capsule form. There is strong evidence that the flavanoids have good benefits for cholesterol levels, blood flow, and overall health and well being. 

I just seems like I just keep adding more and more supplements for better health. 

Yay for you, @granddi!!!  Not many people know about Cocoa Via, but I take it too.  I don't like that it's a 3 capsule dose but that seems to be common with other things I take as well where a dose is mulitple capsules.  Where my husband works, they have the single serving packets of Cocoa Via available so he uses them in his coffee.  Another good thing about Cocoa Via is that it aids in vein flexibility.  I tried the ChocoNuvo and didn't like it either.  There was some kind of funky taste besides it just being unsweetened/low sugar/high cocoa chocolate.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I switched to the darkest when it was available, and love it.

Have no idea if it helps with cholesterol, but mine was never high (haven't been tested lately).  I am hoping it helps DH as his was edging up. 

He hasn't been tested lately either.

Mostly, I find it calms any cravings I might have.  Like another poster, I have a square of that and some almonds and it seems to fill in that empty spot.

I try not to have more than 2 a day, but love it!