Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: ALL on 4 Dental Implants

I only have one implant but I love it.  Never had to restrict my diet to soft foods, neither did my sister who has one too.  It took a few visits to the dentist but the overall process wasn't bad. Insurance paid for half of the process; otherwise I would not have been able to afford it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@89135   is there a dental college near you that you can go to?

I agree with @desertDi about looking at reviews. 

I have 2 implants. I'm very happy with them.  I'd get another if I lost another tooth.  I had to have sinus lift & bone graft for one of them. I couldn't wear a partial.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So grateful to you all. DH is facing this decision.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I had this procedure done on my uppers.  I didn't have any other option.  I went to Clear Choice.  It is expensive, but I am so happy I made the decision.  On surgery day I had what was left of my uppers extracted and was in recovery for several hours.  I was then given "temps."  I was given pain medication, but I didn't need to take one pill.  I did take a Tylenol the day of, but that was mainly for a horrible headache I had.  I went back 3 days later for a check up.  All was going smoothly.  I was on a soft diet for 3 months, but it was not bad at all.  Yes, the first few days were bad because I was used to eating anything I wanted, but it wasn't bad.  I had my  fitting for "finals" 3 months later.  Another 3 months later I had my permanent teeth.  So whole procedure - for me - was about 8 months.  I don't regret it for one single second.  I may be one of the fortunate ones, but I didn't have any issues at all and will not hesitate to have my lowers done should that become necessary.  Everyone at Clear Choice was super nice and friendly.  The surgeon called to check on me - just saying that everyone had a positive attitude!  I wish you the best of luck and hope your experience - should you proceed - goes as smoothly as mine.  If I can answer any questions, please let me know!  All the best!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am scheduled to get 5, possibly 6, implants put in within the next few weeks. I have 5 missing teeth right now.  My mouth has been scanned. My doctor told me that one of my teeth is very lose and instead of waiting for it to fall out on it's own, he said he would extract it on the day when the other implants get put in. He told me that when a tooth is pulled, the bone around the hole where the tooth once was is at it's optimum density. From there the bone becomes thinner. He went on further to say that when an implant gets put in just after extraction then the bone has more of what it needs to incorporate and heal around the implant. 

Since my tooth loss is progressive due to a medical condition, there will be more of my teeth getting loose and eventually fall out. I asked my doctor about that and he said to just wait until the teeth get loose enough to where I find it difficult to carry on and then he would pull the loose teeth and put in implants that day. He said the best thing to do is try and keep my real teeth instead of the alternative. Unfortunately I have no control over my tooth loss. It's an autoimmune problem.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Mary Bailey..thanks Mary but dont want a dental college working on my teeth esp when Im so nervous about getting anything done anyway..

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@demanda  Your experience pretty much is the same from what the dentist told me..re: the  temps then the permanent etc.  Havent talked to the surgeon about the process yet tho.  the dentist just kinda gave me an overall but am going back to see him in about a week to see if any other options and $$...and then an appt with the surgeon to go over everything .  How many teeth did you have pulled..?  Did you like the final outcome of how they looked...How long ago did you have this done.?   thanks for any info..

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@desertDi   I've read soooo many reviews...everyone is so different and under different circumstances...but I do read alot of them ..thx

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  Dont really want a denture and I know implants can be and are very expensive but I really dont have any children or anyone to leave what little $$ I have to so might as well spend on myself.;-)  Not really a support system either so I do value everyones opinion on here..thx

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@violannSo what is he basing his discussion on?  or is it like me and EVERYTHING...;-(