Honored Contributor

Re: AIP DIET Autoimmune Protocol Diet

@Julie_23 wrote:

How funny @sidsmom , I was literally JUST reading more about Dr. Goldner's protocol this week (even some this morning)!!  I too am considering trying it.  You and your friend won't be alone.  Smiley Happy.   Were you doing the 4 week version (hyper-nourishing protocol)?

You already supplied helpful details, but if anyone else is interested there is a PDF of the details searchable on google.  It has some before/afters as well.

@Julie_23 

Yep, the Hyper-Nourishing protocol!

I got Thomas Tadlock (her husband) book Miracle Metabolism

but their website, ‘Smoothie Shred’ has everything free.

Weird thing...way back in the mid-2000s, I was accidentally kinda was

doing this when I was dipping my toes into raw vegan.

I remember drinking a huge green smoothie w/ flax meal every day

at work & having a 32oz container of water...w/ another container

for workout later that evening.  Lots of water & leafy greens. 

I normally use 2T (1/4 cup-ish) of chia in my oatmeal today,

but i try & increase it adding another 1/4cup in my smoothies.

I definitely can see losing weight...those smoothies fill me up...

and I was not drinking near enough water. All that is so good for us.

Let’s see where this takes us!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Do you fix the recipes?

one person said she couldn’t do the diet anymore b/c she was tired of only eating meat and vegetables? Ok

Potatoes are not allowed due to the fact that they are in the nightshade group of vegetables.

No sugar/dairy/yogurt (it is dairy)nuts except Brazil nuts and cashews 

it leaves me wondering what one CAN eat 

Really, it doesn’t allow for very much red meat either

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@haddon9 

Do you fix the recipes?

one person said she couldn’t do the diet anymore b/c she was tired of only eating meat and vegetables? Ok

Potatoes are not allowed due to the fact that they are in the nightshade group of vegetables.

No sugar/dairy/yogurt (it is dairy)nuts except Brazil nuts and cashews 

it leaves me wondering what one CAN eat 

Really, it doesn’t allow for very much red meat either

@LTT1 No I don't.  Once a week or so I'll make a roast which we'll eat together.  In the summer we'll grill food that we both eat.  Most of the time though he makes his own meals and eats a lot of salmon, shrimp, beef, pork, avocados & fermented veggies.  I think it sounds disgusting and I tell him so.  However he believes in it.

He also has been drinking deuterium depleted water which he believes will help with inflammation.  I really couldn't tell you much about it but to google it if you're interested.

ETA:  tomatoes, peppers & eggplant are also nightshades in addition to potatoes.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom   Yes, my protocol with 80-10-10 and Tanny Raw in the past always included a smoothie.  I'm joining you on this journey.  I think everything is in place to follow Dr. Goldner.  Thanks, for the reminder and additional research source.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Thank you this makes it sound doable!

The fermented veggies just sound awful to me too but maybe this is because I am unfamiliar.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   I don't support the AIP Diet, but highly recommend fermented veggies.  I always include a scoop of sauerkraut or Kim chi in our daily salad for microbiome probiotic health and it is yummy.  ( I always make sure they contain no meat/fish product...have to read the labels carefully.)

Trusted Contributor

I did for two years for my Hashimoto's. It definitely helped. It's very hard to stick with, though.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

This "diet" is so wrong.  Actually will create inflammation and toxicity....another gimmick.  I agree with no dairy/eggs, processed food, and sugar...common sense that most of us are aware of.  A diet of oil and meat....that's a ticket to the nursing home,   Oil clogs your arteries and destroys your entothelial cells and results in heart disease. Meat... don't even get me started with the list.  Eating animals destroys your health, the environment, and life. You defeat the purpose of the "diet".  Sheesh....just keep it simple and eat whole plant based food....lots of it.  The best for health and yummy.  

@phoenixbrd 

I abhor generalized statements.

If meat destroys ones health, why are there any humans remaining on earth?

(It's "endothelial" and I don't buy it.)

@LTT1 

The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book, Jessica K. Black, N.D., Hunter House Inc., has been my go-to for some time now.  Was introduced to me by my daughter and came to her via our Naturopath.

The chapters: Why an Anti-Inflammation Diet?; Modern Health Paradigms; Inflammation: What's the Big Deal?: The Importance of Diet; The Anti-Inflammation Diet; How to Use This Book; Recipes (divided into 9 sections0; plus an appendix/substitution chart, references , online resources and index.  Can't recommend it enough.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative 

Oh thank you for the book recommendation!

Cannot wait to read it...so much to learn....

Have started reading this one❤️

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

What your friends are eating is our way of life.  Sometimes I just have to shake my head...it is so easy to just consume plants.  I wish your friends recovery and stellar health !  I love this way of life...whether dealing with critical health intervention or seeking an optimum way of life.  Love ya sis....I'll check out Goldner's book.

@phoenixbrd 

Watch the video I posted about Dr. G...in the Dr. G active thread.  

She expresses her love of a plant based diet..very touching.