Honored Contributor

Re: AHA Study - Coconut Oil Not Good For You

[ Edited ]

The companies losing money from people switching from their oil to coconut oil probably funded all the "studies " pointing to "DANGEROUS COCONUT OIL".  Tomorrow the headlines will read how good it is for you.  I do not totally trust the AHA.....they sold out a long time ago and who funds their studies is very questionable....

Honored Contributor

There were people on this board who would have defended coconut oil to their death.  They had it being good for everything.  I'm glad there is new information being published. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It takes my waterproof mascara off pretty well.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel  I was just going to say that.  Smiley LOL

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

I won't point out how horribly flawed the study is or the careful wording used. 

I will keep right on using using coconut oil and avoiding most of the oils suggested as being healthy. 

I know the history, have done my research, and am confident in my choices. My good health says my choices are the right ones for me.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

It takes my waterproof mascara off pretty well.

@mistriTsquirrel

It's also a great deep conditioner for your hair!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

So many people fall for these stupid - ridiculous food trends! Gluten free is another one. Gluten free ONLY matters if the person has ciliac disease.And I'm absolutely certain most people don't even know what gluten is. I crack up when something like fruit drinks say "GLUTEN FREE" on them. Of course they are gluten free - there is no wheat in fruit. But Madison avenue advertising execs really know how to market to the gullible.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Love that sentence:  

People are also quick to believe trends that aren't supported by science.

And ... it's not only coconut oil!    Woman LOL

Now a days people think the scientists are lying to them and the company making money from their gullibility are the good guys. SMH.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Thanks for sharing this information, I was just about to post the same information from the AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION.

The AHA recommends olive oil, despite what the fringe "doctors" say.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@KingstonsMom

Back in the 80's and into the early 2000's, coconut oil was right up there with the Hydrogenated Oil on the "bad for you list". Then comes the "it's great for you" studies. Myself, I am not concerned because even though I have had 2 heart attacks.

I am moderate in pretty much all the foods I eat and what I use to cook, what little I don't eat "as is". I make my popcorn with coconut oil because over decades I have found it to be what I like best. 

Not much more I can do to protect my twice damaged heart muscle than I am doing right now, and something like this isn't going to change what I view as my healthy and physical fitness lifestyle. Having a little oil that I enjoy at this stage of my life? I will take my chances.

Thank you for posting this for everyone. It is up to each individual to decide what, if anything, it means to them, in relationship to wanting be healthy/physically, and mentally fit.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

HEAR!! HEAR!!  John!!   ~Ford

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986