Respected Contributor

Re: A question about depression

@apple1964 wrote:

I suffer from depression and I can say that people think that you only feel sad. Wrong with depression you can feel tired or angry or anxious. I am under medication and have been through therapy and I am feeling much better. The first step is to have good caring doctors who are welling to work with you.  The second step and final step is to be on your medication if need be.  

You are right @apple1964 the doctor holds the key. They have to have the knowledge of mixing meds and tweaking them to your needs. This is can be a very long process but you have to hang in. 

Frequent Contributor

Katelyn is a beautiful name, one of my favorites. I wish I knew what to say to help her. The right med combos and good doctors can be a life saver. I’m here because of both.
Keeping Katelyn and you in my good thoughts. 💜
Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

My daughter suffers from bipolar. She is telling me she can feel the depression coming on a week or so before it hits her full force. My question is, has anyone else experienced this as well? If so, is there anything you do to head it off?

@panda1234 wrote:

My daughter suffers from bipolar. She is telling me she can feel the depression coming on a week or so before it hits her full force. My question is, has anyone else experienced this as well? If so, is there anything you do to head it off?

@panda1234

I noticed that you said she doesn't get her period anymore.  Have you looked into this?  Has she seen an endocrinologist?  Hormone balance is very very complicated.  Is she now taking folic acid?

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@panda1234

I noticed that you said she doesn't get her period anymore.  Have you looked into this?  Has she seen an endocrinologist?  Hormone balance is very very complicated.  Is she now taking folic acid?

@fortune  Sorry, I should have said she is on birth control pills for another condition. 

Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

I suffer from depression and I can say that people think that you only feel sad. Wrong with depression you can feel tired or angry or anxious. I am under medication and have been through therapy and I am feeling much better. The first step is to have good caring doctors who are welling to work with you.  The second step and final step is to be on your medication if need be.  

You are right @apple1964 the doctor holds the key. They have to have the knowledge of mixing meds and tweaking them to your needs. This is can be a very long process but you have to hang in. 

As I have said you need a good caring doctor[s] who will give you the right medication for your needs because everyone is different and depression is different in everyone. Have a happy holiday season.

Frequent Contributor

In the wholistic community, there is  decades of talk about niacin B3  as a treatment for depression,  It has many decades of use since a psychiatrist  wrote about it. I thought about it because your daughter is already diagnosed with folic acid defincincy.

Look at Dr. Saul,s web ,YouTube and books . Also see “niacin for depression”forums ,blogs, etc

Doctor. Yourself  is a well known  book by Dr. Saul.,But you can find  the treatment guide on his free website as well. He has massive research and credibility.  His YouTube lectures are easy and educational. 

Wishing you the best. You are a wonderful Mom.