Respected Contributor

Very nice thing to do and it is wonderful when you help someone out that really needs it. The reward of that is how they touch your life and you don't even think about that happening. Your son has been raised right and it sounds like this daughter is being raised right also. Thank You for being kind and paying it forward.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A happy event to share

[ Edited ]

I believe that when you give of yourself it comes back to you tenfold.Not in terms of money but in terms of satisfaction & gratitude.

When my son was in grade school I was usually the class mother.At the end of 5th grade his teacher asked me to put together a pizza party for the last day of school. She collected $2.50 from each child & sent it home in an envelope with my son,with a note. The note said that one child would not be participating because he failed to bring in his money. 

Upon questioning my son I found out that the kid was neglected.He was raised by a single mother who was a topless dancer & an addict. He was often left home alone to fend for himself.

I sent a note back to the teacher that I would cover the cost of the kid’s food.

The day of the party came & I delivered the pizza, soda, & ice cream to the classroom. I payed for the ice cream because I wanted to treat the kids.

The kid whose meal I covered came up to me. He gave me a hug & thanked me.Later on that summer I heard that the kid was taken away from his mother & sent to live with family.

Last year that kid,who is now a young man, found my son on FB. To make a long story short. He never forgot  that I fed him & “for one day made me feel like a normal kid.” He is now a counselor for at risk kids.He asked my son for my address . He sent me flowers & the loveliest note.

There but for the grace of God go I........

Honored Contributor

Christmas morning in August.  I would have loved to see the expression on her face.  Wonderful story to share makes us all smile.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unaware

Trusted Contributor

Thank you to you and your family for showing genuine kindness and goodness. We need more of that.  

Honored Contributor

My prayer every day is for my family to be good people and do good things.   Their random acts of kindness make me very proud.   

Honored Contributor

Nicksmom !

Your story of kindness and generosity is also uplifting!  

For 41 years I worked in an urban school district with the most troubled and dysfunctional pupils and their families.  It was far from a glamorous job and took plenty of patience, understanding, firmness and often entailed life and death issues.  

Whenever a parent or pupil thanked me, asked to see me because they trusted me , wanted to talk because I listened to them, gave me a smile of hope, I was rewarded.  I can relate to you hearing from that young man and how grateful he was to you for your kindness.  I retired with my head held high knowing all the thank yous from those in need were worth everything.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I believe that when you give of yourself it comes back to you tenfold.Not in terms of money but in terms of satisfaction & gratitude.

When my son was in grade school I was usually the class mother.At the end of 5th grade his teacher asked me to put together a pizza party for the last day of school. She collected $2.50 from each child & sent it home in an envelope with my son,with a note. The note said that one child would not be participating because he failed to bring in his money. 

Upon questioning my son I found out that the kid was neglected.He was raised by a single mother who was a topless dancer & an addict. He was often left home alone to fend for himself.

I sent a note back to the teacher that I would cover the cost of the kid’s food.

The day of the party came & I delivered the pizza, soda, & ice cream to the classroom. I payed for the ice cream because I wanted to treat the kids.

The kid whose meal I covered came up to me. He gave me a hug & thanked me.Later on that summer I heard that the kid was taken away from his mother & sent to live with family.

Last year that kid,who is now a young man, found my son on FB. To make a long story short. He never forgot  that I fed him & “for one day made me feel like a normal kid.” He is now a counselor for at risk kids.He asked my son for my address . He sent me flowers & the loveliest note.

There but for the grace of God go I........

Omg @NicksmomESQ your story made me cry.  Beautiful.

And RUDE and WRONG of that teacher to single out a poor child that way.  How dare she require money from someone she knew darned well couldn’t provide it. And let everyone know he wasn’t participating because he didn’t pay.   I’m glad you were so kind....and I want to slap that ignorant teacher!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ   What a difference you made in that child's life!  I can't believe the teacher wasn't going to pay for him herself.  How cruel to have been planning for him to not participate with the rest of his class.  I'm so glad you were the class mother that day.  Your story brought tears to my eyes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @cherry , for helping Miss Sunshine (and her mom) with her homework. That computer will open worlds of information for her. You and your family have big hearts. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.