Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,472
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

A different perspective of being fat

Left, overweight person organs incases in fat...., right, average size person organs. Wow!!! Had to share!

 

 

No photo description available.

Super Contributor
Posts: 459
Registered: ‎07-12-2020

Re: A different perspective of being fat

What I appreciate about this photo is that the "average size" person still has some fat. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,566
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: A different perspective of being fat

@SeaMaiden    Thus the cliche   Beauty is only skin deep.  I'd add "if that"

Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,472
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: A different perspective of being fat


@Growing wrote:

What I appreciate about this photo is that the "average size" person still has some fat. 


@Growing     it is normal to have  some fat to cushion the organs... that is what is is for...

Valued Contributor
Posts: 619
Registered: ‎09-10-2020

Re: A different perspective of being fat

This photo has been around for a long time. Ten years ago, I saw this, and I decided to have weight loss surgery—one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,142
Registered: ‎06-08-2016

Re: A different perspective of being fat

[ Edited ]

My SIL of over 400 lbs passed away due to her obesity in her 50s.

 

The family received much support & education from the medical staff.   Her organs just couldn't handle the weight & stress.   It was so sad, she was otherwise healthy., still working full time, teaching a children's class in Sunday School.

 

Her sister immediately went on a diet & lost 50 #, she wasn't quite as overweight.

 

When we are young, our bodies can tolerate all kinds of punishment, overweight, over drinking, you name it but it takes a toll over the years.    The people who take "pride" in their grossly overweight bodies will pay the price eventually.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,789
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: A different perspective of being fat

When I was younger I had less than 15% body fat (half of what it should have been) and it really messed up my hormones. I didn't have my periods for a long time. Then after I stopped being so athletically active I gained weight and things became normal. Women need more body fat then men do just because that's suppose to be that way.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,142
Registered: ‎06-08-2016

Re: A different perspective of being fat


@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Growing wrote:

What I appreciate about this photo is that the "average size" person still has some fat. 


@Growing     it is normal to have  some fat to cushion the organs... that is what is is for...


Fat is for more than cushioning.

Your brain is mostly fat

Fat secretes hormones.

Fat plays a necessary role, that's why very skinny people are just as unhealthy as the obese.   Yeah, they can run faster but they are not healthy.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,110
Registered: ‎05-09-2010

Re: A different perspective of being fat


@software wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Growing wrote:

What I appreciate about this photo is that the "average size" person still has some fat. 


@Growing     it is normal to have  some fat to cushion the organs... that is what is is for...


Fat is for more than cushioning.

Your brain is mostly fat

Fat secretes hormones.

Fat plays a necessary role, that's why very skinny people are just as unhealthy as the obese.   Yeah, they can run faster but they are not healthy.


So when I think my husband is a "fat head," I am correct!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,332
Registered: ‎10-30-2010

Re: A different perspective of being fat

Wow!!