Respected Contributor

A User Guide To Cheating Death series on Netflix.

Has anyone here watched this series?     I found it on Netflix the other day and thought it was so interesting.   I still have a few more episodes to watch but my favorite ones so far have been the following segments.  

1.   Diets and Weight Loss

2.   Vitamins and Supplements

3.   Sleep

4.   Cosmetic Procedures

While I don't agree with everything that is shown, I have to say that most of them are pretty reliable.   

They debunk many of the common beliefs that seem to permeate the internet today.  

They also show how dangerous many of these surgical and non-surgical procedures can be.  

It is really amazing the outlandish things that people will subject themselves to in order to stay young and attempt to cheat death.  

Honored Contributor

Re: A User Guide To Cheating Death series on Netflix.

Would love to hear a little bit (four word sentences enough?) on each of the four topics listed. 

Would you mind?

@J Town Girl

Respected Contributor

I have never heard of this series @J Town Girl and will check it out...sounds interesting as I was talking to my mom last night about how many supplements a friend of hers and my dad took before passing and how healthy both of them were. 

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Would love to hear a little bit (four word sentences enough?) on each of the four topics listed. 

Would you mind?

@J Town Girl

I'd be happy too.    On the vitamin and supplements, they talked about how unnecessary many of them are if you eat a healthy diet.  They also showed how some of them could be dangerous to your health when mixed with other medications.

On sleep, they talked about how important sleep is to our health and showed a few ideas that Japan has come up with to help their fatigued workers.   They also showed many of the gadgets that are supposed to help us sleep but in reality, they do nothing.

On diets, which was actually my favorite segment they showed how many of the fad diets do nothing at all for either losing weight and most importantly keeping it off.  

On cosmetic procedures, they showed how ineffective many of them are and what extremes women and men will go too for maintaining their youthful looks.

I think it's an excellent series.   The few that I listed are just a small percentage of the information that they have gathered from over the world from medical doctors and nutritionists.   

Each segment runs approximately 45 minutes.  There's Season 1 and Season 2.

Respected Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

I have never heard of this series @J Town Girl and will check it out...sounds interesting as I was talking to my mom last night about how many supplements a friend of hers and my dad took before passing and how healthy both of them were. 

If you do watch this can you report back and let me know what you thought of it.   Some of the things that people have done are so out there.   A bit of it is a little shocking.