Respected Contributor

A. QVC. ORDER. GOT. ME. ON. A. BETTER. TRACK

Had my annual Wellness Physical today and my doctor kept looking questioningly at me.  Okay, all your numbers are unbelievable and you blood pressure went from 120/80 to 106/76...and your weight is down.

i explained that I found a better workout than the Curves I had been doing for a very long time.

For the last two weeks I have done the DVD's I got from QVC for Miracle Miles and the new sculpting resistance band by Leslie Sansone.  I've been doing the 4-Mile DVD at home without moving any furniture around: 4 steps max up and back.  I never sweated at Curves but this stuff works !  The midsection has gone down noticeably, a nice payoff for the one-hour energizing routine.

My Doctor is going to the Walkathome website to order the dvd's because they aren't available at the Q anymore.

She went on to explain that because I wasn't increasing my water intake with the exercising, my sodium level went up and needs to be retested after I improve my hydration efforts.

All in all, a great checkup and the best $38 I ever spent !!! I may sound like a commercial, but I feel and am starting to look great again.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: A. QVC. ORDER. GOT. ME. ON. A. BETTER. TRACK

Congratulations for having the discipline to stick with one of the exercise at home programs.  I find that very difficult to do.  Glad it works for you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I think Leslie's workouts are seriously underrated!  They are what started me back into fitness, and I loved them!  They are not difficult enough for me now, but I can't recommend them enough.  I'm so glad you like them, and they are working for you!!!

Contributor

This is a great package.  I lost a great deal of weight through diet and exercise using many of Leslie's older DVDs and then was had an extended plateau.  Miracle Miles was a game changer.  Within any of the 15 minute increments (15 minutes = 1 mile), you do walk aerobics, high interval training, resistance training and stretching.  I dropped pounds and am stronger and thinner.   It's a well thought out program that delivers results!

Honored Contributor

WTG! Keep up the good work!

Honored Contributor

Great job @jlkz! Glad you found something that is really helping you get your health back on track- and cheap to boot!

Honored Contributor

A great job with your health!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good job! Way to go!

giphy.gif

Respected Contributor

@meallen616

Thank you so much...and all the other posters !!!!!!!!!

I almost didn't post last night but got to thinking about the folks I have talked to this week who were going to follow suit, including my doctor.  If they were inspired to do something easy and different, maybe others in the electronic world would be interested too.

All I can say is " What a response !!! "

Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624

Many years ago I gave my VHS tapes of Leslie Sansone to a friend because I had discovered Curves.  1200 visits later, it no longer fit my needs: they had moved farther away, more road traffic, necessary to get out of the house by 12:15 for a 12:30 workout that did nothing to bring my waist and thighs back ( eating less too! ).  Thought I would miss being with other folks...so didn't happen.

At 71, I was getting depressed and knew my weight was too high.  Reducing food intake further starts to backfire:  the body gets clever and wrings out more fat from the fewer calories.

With Miracle Miles, the music tempo increases and decreases to reflect high intensity and recovery times.  It is also conducive to continuing on to the next Mile.

I have a " floaty " tank dress that I throw on in the morning which is midi length.  I put on my running shoes when I am ready to start the DVD.  I don't have to move furniture around to get started.    I can stop the routine after two Miles and pickup the other two later in the day.  Three times a week is the most I have done.

Maybe just getting started is the hard part.  It's amazing how fast a single Mile goes.  My doctor says that the exercise relaxes the heart muscle and gets rid of the bad effects of stress.  

The Miracle resistance building Band is a clever device that may provide more strength training than any gym machine that I have used.

The convenience and the results will keep me with it:  if I could do 1200 visits over time, I can stick with this.

if you decide to give it a go, good luck and good results.

Sir Winston Churchill