Respected Contributor

9/15/16 Breathe Right strips really work

I have been having problems with dry mouth and since I tend to be a mouth breather, it doesn't help.

Well, two days ago I placed one of the strips on the upper part of my nose and what a difference in a short time.  I am not breathing through my mouth now, the dry mouth is gone, and I can actually breathe better.  I always used to have a stuffy nose, that is gone and I am amazed at how well they work for me.

Have you had good luck with your strips?

Respected Contributor

Re: 9/15/16 Breathe Right strips really work

I used a free sample once and was turned off with the fact you can't reuse them.  Have you figured out a way to do that or do you use a new one every time?

Honored Contributor

I use one every night.  Helps me breathe better through the night.  No mroe stuffy feeling.  Only problem is that they are not cheap.  I'm about to try Target's generic version to see if they work, since they're a couple of dollars cheaper.  

Honored Contributor

I tried them once, and I could definitely breathe better.  However, they felt so strange that I couldn't use them.  I can't describe the feeling, but it was awful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think "really work" would depend greatly on the person's problem. They do work for people who have deviated septums sometimes so they can breathe through their nose and not their mouth and stop snoring. 

Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl    I have been able to put one on well and keep it on for several days at a time, unless I want to take it off for some reason.

Super Contributor

My DH had a terrible snoring problem that kept me awake for hours at night. I got him the breath right strips and...............a miracle happened. He is now quiet and I can sleep. I highly recommend them. Yes they felt weird to him for about a week, but now, he doesn't even notice them, he sleeps better and so do I.

Honored Contributor

I'm ready to give these a try.  I have been waking up lately with sinus headaches and/or sinus pressure and pain.  I'm wondering if these would work for that.

Between having to sleep with a retainer on my bottom teeth and putting a strip on my nose, I don't know how my husband is going to be able to keep his hands off me.  ROFLOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have found them uncomfortable and could not rest or fall asleep with them on. They worked to a degree (when I had a cold) but were too uncomfortable to bother with. I had the right size and "fit" but didn't like wearing them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all