Super Contributor

I started drinking Idealshake meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch on July 17. Including  the shakes my caloric intake is between 1500-1700 calories/day. The meal plan balances all the macronutrients (protein, carbs, fat) and is as easy as can be. It is all laid out and for now I just choose a food from each list.based on my weight. Never had anything so easy. Today I had a shake, bananna an yogurt for breakfast, then a large chocolate rice cake and 2 tbs of peanut butter for a snack around 10. Then I had a shake for lunch and added 1/2 cup of oats in my blender. For dinner I made a Flatbread pizza with 1/3 cup of marinara, 1/4 cup of mozzarella,a few mushrooms, Italian seasoning and turkey pepperoni. Surprisingly good. I also added a cup of steamed broccoli on the side. Finally for my 2nd snack I had 2 string cheese sticks and 9 little whole grain crackers. Add 64 ounces of water too. The shakes contain slendesta which is a protein derived fom potato and curbs appetite for 3 hours. It in no way contains anything that causes jitters, rapid heartbeat or impacts my blood pressure! I have returned to my recumbent bike for 30 minutes each day. Since I started, I have lost close to 10 pounds and I feel great. Hopefully I will see a few more pounds gone by Tuesday when I get on the scale. I am also wearing my fitbit (while waiting for my new one) and record what I eat on my Fitness pal app. I just had to tell someone!!!

Spoiler

Super Contributor

@Shiloh09 Congratulations, that’s fantastic!

Esteemed Contributor

WOW!  You're awe-inspiring!

Honored Contributor

Re: 9.1 pounds down!

[ Edited ]

@Shiloh09  Congratulations....I use whole foods but if I was going to use a "shake" smoothie, I have Vega and Sunwarrior in my pantry.  They are excellent, if you are choosing to supplement with a shake,  and plant based.  Best of luck to you...you can eat lots of nutrient dense foods that are really good for you and full of fiber for those 1800 calories.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shiloh09, Congratulations!  That is quite a significant weight loss.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Shiloh09.  You've done well.  Keep up the good work!  👍

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Excellent.  Keep up the good work.

Honored Contributor

@Shiloh09 Congratulations on your weight loss. It sounds like you’ve got a plan that works for you. Thanks for sharing.

Super Contributor

@phoenixbrd, I sure am eating a lot of green, cruciferous vegetables and appleas, bananna and melon! Thanks for the heads up on your shakes. I'seen the Vega but not the other. I will look at them in the event I decide to change.

Trusted Contributor

@Shiloh09

I am checking this out. Any flavors you would recommend?