Trusted Contributor

@Ifeelwicked

I know this discussion is a few months old but I was doing some research on 8greens and found some things I didn't like. I was wondering if you read up on blue green algae? I saw you threw the product away because of spirulina. I read that blue green algae is a toxin and should be avoided at all cost. I could find nothing good about it at all. Wondered why it would be included. Wish I would've done research on it before I went on auto delivery.

I know you're already done with this product and so am I. Would be interested in your answer if you happen to see this. Thanks.

Valued Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked

I know this discussion is a few months old but I was doing some research on 8greens and found some things I didn't like. I was wondering if you read up on blue green algae? I saw you threw the product away because of spirulina. I read that blue green algae is a toxin and should be avoided at all cost. I could find nothing good about it at all. Wondered why it would be included. Wish I would've done research on it before I went on auto delivery.

I know you're already done with this product and so am I. Would be interested in your answer if you happen to see this. Thanks.

I’m on it! And will get back to you. I know there was a day my sister swore by blue green algae and had me taking it or tried to!  It was the “kale” of the 80s if I’m remembering correctly.

Honored Contributor

I would rather enjoy a glass of V8!!

Valued Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked

Google Dr.Andrew Weil and blue green algae!!! I’m staying far, fat away from it!!!! 

Valued Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Renata22 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked

Google Dr.Andrew Weil and blue green algae!!! I’m staying far, fat away from it!!!! 

*far, far 👍🏻

Respected Contributor

@Renata22:  You can always cancel Auto Delivery if you're not satisfied with the product.

Honored Contributor

I also trust Dr Weil 100%, his word is law for me.

Honored Contributor

Dr Dubrows Greens product also has spirulina and blue Green algae in it.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for everyone's responses. Looking forward to more. I did cancel my auto del. We contacted the company about this issue and they answered us within 15 min. Very impressed with them for that. They gave a very detailed answer, but basically they only source blue green algae that does not grow the toxin. It can be an amazing ing when it's clean, from what I understand. It is tested  before being used. Like I said, it was very detailed and made us feel better about using the ones I already have. Probably won't get more.

Regular Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Threw away mine after several bouts of gas.  Didn't want to risk being out and having that problem.  

@pommom That's probably from the Sorbitol in the tablets.