Trusted Contributor

Re: 8 GREENS TABLETS - YAY OR NAY ?

@Shel31, I didn't get the email but I opted to delay a dellivery. We aren't using it that quickly. It is ridiculous that they made such a big deal of it and then it's not available now. Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode about a car reservation. Smiley Happy

Contributor

YAY! for me!

I seem to feel better and I love their taste! I've taken up tp three drinks a day without any laxative problem at all.

I'm so glad I opted for auto-delivery. Kind of worried when I read there might be a shortage!!

New Contributor

Thank you AmyRD71! I did try these, and had Gastro issues with them. I did write to the company, and they explained its just for a "binder', and it's a low dose that should not have those side affects. Well IT DID with me!!!!  So clearly if you are sensative to sugar alcohols you may have a reaction like me.  

I say NAY.  They say "no sugar", but it's sweetened with stevia and sorbitol.  I purchased this and never reordered.  I found it entirely too sweet, plus, I don't do artificial sweetners (I know stevia is a plant, but still) and I definately do not do sorbitol.  I decided to get my greens and vitimins the old fashioned way.  I eat them.

Contributor

All sugar alcohols end with the letters---tol.  Sorbitol, Mannitol, Xylatol can cause diarrhea if overused.  Since this is known to be in this 8 greens product, I would not care to use it.

This info on sugar alcohols is just an FYI to all who like myself, read labels.

Honored Contributor

I use Andrew Lessman's Green Foods Complex. I don't really feel any different taking it but some of my labs improved. The only thing I did different was taking the Greens. I have been walking just over 4 miles 6 days per week so I will see what kind of changes I have on my labs next year.

HSN has it as one of their monthly specials for Aug. Ends today.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

TO  AmyRD71

I've taken '8 Greens' for several months...never experienced  any laxative effect at all.