Occasional Contributor

Re: 8 GREENS TABLETS - YAY OR NAY ?

Look at "Other Ingredients":

Contains Sorbital... (artificial sweetener which can cause diarrehea).

Contributor

Stevia is not an artificial or chemical sweetner.  It is a natural sweetner.  The sorbitol in the 8Greens is a chemical sweetner that can make many of us very sick.  Not sure why she mixes both in the same product.  You rarely see that.

Occasional Contributor

If they have sorbitol in them everyone needs to realize sorbitol is an artificial sweetener BUT most importantly sorbitol is a LAXATIVE.  If you suddenly add these to your day there is a very good chance that you are gonna have diarrhea  which depending on your overall health and medical conditions the diarrhea can be severe. Many people won’t even realize why they gave them diarrhea. Well it’s cause you are taking a laxative,  Sorbitol is in sugar free products too and many don’t realize if they eat 1\2 bag of the sugar free candy and get diarrhea why that happened.

So please before taking these know what is in these. If you are prone to diarrhea from other medical conditions be prepared and discuss with your Dr first. Remember severe diarrhea can lead to electrolyte imbalances, dehydration, heart palpitations and extreme fatigue.

Also there is 180mg of Sodium in each tablet so if you are on Low Salt/Sodium diet you will need to count these into your daily consumed Sodium.

NOTE THIS STATEMENT under description.  This means there is no scientific proof these will do what the host says. I am not saying they don’t work but if this disclaimer is there then nothing is proven yet. Maybe studies still need done or maybe studies were done and don’t prove their claims. “This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. As always, please consult your personal physician before taking any dietary supplements.”

I will end this with saying I am a Registered Dietitian and have training in this area. I am not saying don’t take these. I am saying note the ingredients I mentioned and talk to your Dr first especially if you have medical conditions that may contradict any benefits you could get from these.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you ladies...I cancelled my order!!  I don't eat a lot of greens...mainly because I gag easily.  But the last thing I need is something that inflames bowel issues!!

Honored Contributor

@devalenwrote:

Stevia is not an artificial or chemical sweetner.  It is a natural sweetner.  The sorbitol in the 8Greens is a chemical sweetner that can make many of us very sick.  Not sure why she mixes both in the same product.  You rarely see that.

I didn't say it was artificial or chemical, just said that's what is in Primo Greens.  Regardless of the fact it's natural, some people do not like it.  I do not care for Stevia at all. I think it's nasty so I avoid it. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

They mentioned the Stevia in the shows that I watched.

New Contributor

All 3 people in our house love them and none of us have any of those issues. I notice that I seemed to have a lot more energy when I take them and my daughter says they improved her energy level in a big way.

New Contributor

Thank you so much for the definition of "sorbitol". It's all making sense now! 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

QVC, the hosts and the vendor do a real disservice by not bothering to mention during any presentations that these have sorbitol and stevia leaf extract in them, both artificial sweeteners.

The product also contains 180mg sodium and they tout these as being sodium free.  Perhaps technically they are allowed to say these are sodium free because they have a low amount but they aren't 100% sodium free.

But the artificial sweeteners should be mentioned. 

@Lipstickdiva  Since I am someone who watches my sodium intake daily and 180mg is a lot for 1 item (tablet), I did some searching on the 8Greens website.  It states on the ingredients Sodium.....180 mg (as sodium bicarbonate). Searched some more and here is what I found @

"Answers.com® WikiAnswers® Categories Food & Cooking Baking Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate) "

Is sodium bicarbonate the same as salt?
   Answer by: Haresh Maharaj

No, salt is a compound of sodium and chlorine. Sodium bicarbonate is a compound of hydrogen carbon oxygen and sodium. It also is used to reduce acidity where as salt kills bacteria. Sodium bicarbonate is commonly known as baking soda , and can be bought in most grocery stores or drug stores.

Occasional Contributor

I ordered the 8 Greens when it was the TSV.  We were told that the product would not run out if you did auto delivery.  I just received an email that it is back ordered!   So, what was all the talk about securing enough product for the QVC customer?  Anyone else get the same email?