Trusted Contributor

8 GREENS TABLETS - YAY OR NAY ?

For those of you who have taken the ''''8 GREENS'''  tablets that were offered on QVC, do you see any benefits yet?  If so, what?  I've taken them for a month or so now and notice no advantages...unless maybe all the benefits are suppose to be 'unseen' ?

Respected Contributor

Re: 8 GREENS TABLETS - YAY OR NAY ?

Same here.  But I didn't expect to really notice any changes.  I just think the benefits are that they are good for your health.  Did you expect to see some changes?

Trusted Contributor

to Makena:   I just wasn't quite sure....one way or another.

Honored Contributor

What is in the tablets..why did you decide to start taking them?

Trusted Contributor

You can find the ingredients by going to   www.8greens.com

Honored Contributor

QVC, the hosts and the vendor do a real disservice by not bothering to mention during any presentations that these have sorbitol and stevia leaf extract in them, both artificial sweeteners.

The product also contains 180mg sodium and they tout these as being sodium free.  Perhaps technically they are allowed to say these are sodium free because they have a low amount but they aren't 100% sodium free.

But the artificial sweeteners should be mentioned. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda

Never heard of them or know anything about them. What is in them, and what do they claim to be beneficial to those that take them?

There are many things that might make a person think they feel better, some are just a placebo. Anything I take, that I feel falls into the "supplement" category, I do not expect to move me from being a "couch potato" to the "energy bunny".

I think way too many take supplements their body does not need with the expectation of always feeling something very noticeable happening to them that makes them feel better. Then I wonder how some that do very little that tests them to know if they actually, physically, are better having taken them.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Consult Health with Dr Dubrow has a very similar poroduct on Evine.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbellewrote:

Consult Health with Dr Dubrow has a very similar poroduct on Evine.

I think the Consult Health one is called Primo Greens.  That one has stevia in it I believe.   

Honored Contributor

Why not just eat your greens?  Dr. Esselstyn recommends making a steamed pot of greens every day and eating it throughout the day with balsamic vinegar, he requires this of his heart patients.