Respected Contributor

700 Sickened from Chipolte!

[ Edited ]

I have never had Chipoltes food.  More than  700 were sick from eating their food last week near Columbus Ohio!!!

Nope not going to ever get food from them no matter where the location.

I read just now that one reason was the LETTUCE Smiley Sad

and also beans were kept at too low a temp!!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: 700 Sickened from Chipoltes!

That's a shame.  The chain was just starting to recover from previous incidents.  I guess this will set them back again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

THis has been big news here in Ohio, and while I've never eaten at a Chipoltes, because of all the issues they have had repeatedly, I don't see myself EVER going into one of their restaurants. 

Their suppliers must have real issues, as it has been my understanding this isn't about specific health code issues with the restaurants, but tainted food from suppliers. 

Kind of scary, and makes me wonder how other establishments aren't having the same issues, because the suppliers have to be supplying more than just this one chain.

Honored Contributor

There was an incident about a year ago here in Western NY w/ Chipolte too!  I don't think that many were sickened though.  700 people is  a LOT!

Too bad, I really do love their food! 

Honored Contributor

McDonalds also had that problem with their salads.  I like Chipotles but they have this problem too frequently.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The very first time I ever ate at that chain was a number of years ago in Columbus. 

When we got one here in my town a couple of years ago, it was nothing to wait in line 45+ minutes to get food because it was so packed.  Now, if you wait 15 minutes that a long time.

I have eaten there a number of times.  I just told my DH a couple of weeks ago I never want to eat there again because every time, I don't feel well for a couple of days afterwards.   I didn't connect the dots immediately.   I quit getting the lettuce and when that didn't help, I told him I'm done.  I don't get beans so that's not it for me.    

The last article I read about this said 624 people had self reported gastro intestinal issues and they didn't know what it was from.    

Valued Contributor

They didn't learn their lesson the first time? Not going to eat there ever! It's a shame they didn't take classes on food prep. Maybe another type of business would be the route they take next.

Honored Contributor

If they ever want to recover from this they will probably need to change their name along with some major public relations.

Respected Contributor

Heh, I’ve been eating at the Chipotle in Powell at least once a week for months. I’ve never gotten sick.
Honored Contributor

We have one a couple of blocks from me ... I've picked up food to-go on quite a few occasions.  (Burrito fan)

I reheat at home ... so far, so good.