Honored Contributor

Wow!!  Pretty amazing when you think of it like that!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Factor in miscarriages.  Not everything gets put together perfectly.  Not every person will 2 legs, 2 arms, 1 head, etc.  the egg is not in the right place.  etc.  Nature is not perfect.  That's when a miscarriage appears,  The body knows something is wrong, so it kicks in spontaneous abortion.  The correct name for a miscarriage.  Not all of miscrriages are because of that.  But a good portion of them are. So most miscarriages happen for a reason

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@LilacTree 

Do you know about LDN? (Low Dose Naltrexone)

“Bullseye" Low Dose Naltrexone and Lyme Disease

@LTT1 

I’ve heard of it. It’s my daughter who would know all about it.  She has Lyme.  I’ll ask her about it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Factor in miscarriages.  Not everything gets put together perfectly.  Not every person will 2 legs, 2 arms, 1 head, etc.  the egg is not in the right place.  etc.  Nature is not perfect.  That's when a miscarriage appears,  The body knows something is wrong, so it kicks in spontaneous abortion.  The correct name for a miscarriage.  Not all of miscrriages are because of that.  But a good portion of them are. So most miscarriages happen for a reason

@songbird 

That is very true.  Three of my daughters have had two children each, but only one of them had four miscarriages in between her two full term babies.  I have read that if one parent was an alcoholic, it could destroy an embryo. And her husband was an extreme alcoholic. They eventually divorced because of it, but he remains very close to his two daughters.  He finally sobered up with AA, well over ten years now, but he almost had to lose one of his legs to hit bottom.  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird 

That is very true.  Three of my daughters have had two children each, but only one of them had four miscarriages in between her two full term babies.  I have read that if one parent was an alcoholic, it could destroy an embryo. And her husband was an extreme alcoholic. They eventually divorced because of it, but he remains very close to his two daughters.  He finally sobered up with AA, well over ten years now, but he almost had to lose one of his legs to hit bottom.  

I think nature gave the ability for the body to sense a deformity.  It's like a fail safe system.  Sometimes the body does not catch on until later in the development of the fetus.  But most of the time it does.  

My sister had one.  The doctor explained it to her in great detail.  She tried again & this time a successful pregnancy.