Honored Contributor

3 more bagged kales recalled. Baker Farms, Kroger and SEG Grocers. Possible Listeria contamination.

[ Edited ]

Three more bagged Kale brands are now recalled due to possible Listeria contamination. Baker Farms is recalling their Baker Farms, Kroger & SEG Grocers bagged kale. There was a previous Kale recall a few days ago that Inposted here in Wellness. The details are here.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/baker-farms-recalls-various-bran...

CB98011C-82B8-4ED3-B9D1-920C46A570E2.jpeg46C80F35-DFE6-4A0B-8475-549A76064CE4.jpegB42BC86E-8072-408B-A596-8F3252A94FF3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: 3 more bagged kales recalled. Baker Farms, Kroger and SEG Grocers. Possible Listeria contaminat

I loathe kale, couldn't pay me to eat the stuff.

Honored Contributor

Re: 3 more bagged kales recalled. Baker Farms, Kroger and SEG Grocers. Possible Listeria contaminat

Well, this recall won't affect me thankfully.  But thanks for posting the info.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Oy...

Thank goodness DH grows our kale hydroponically during the off season and in our backyard late Spring-Fall.

Honored Contributor

Won't affect me either. I don't eat kale.

Super Contributor

Kale is on my won't eat ever list. Tried it once

Esteemed Contributor

I grow my own  for the last 2 yrs  since there are many recalls now on various produce.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 @What dishes do you make with it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D   I'm not @skatting44 , but thought I would mention two of my favorites:

Even people who don't like kale will devour these goodies....

Kale Salad  Easy to make.

Chop up fresh devained kale (not bagged) very fine 

massage with avocado

sprinkle with some lemon juice and pine nuts (sometimes I add a few craisins)

Cheesy Kale Chips

I make these in the dehydrator....crisp and cheesy like chips, only better.

Note:  a kale tip:  only use fresh kale and devain the kale - fold the kale leaf and slice out the vain of the kale (it is bitter).  Bagged kale isn't devained.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

I love fresh kale salads . I trim leaves off the stems , add tomatoes, cranberries, red onions ,  granola, balsamic vinegar dressing  or spicy apple cider vinegar.

I use the kale  in many  Asian  dishes that call for broccoli . I make a sesame ginger chicken where I substitute  the broccoli  with kale .

I saute the kale leaves with olive oil and garlic as you can do with swiss chard. I add the saute to caramelized onions  and put ontop of  pierogies  or ravoli