Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,357
Registered: ‎07-09-2011

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.


@Foxxee wrote:

@happygal wrote:

@Foxxee 

i don't know anyone who has signed a form. Maybe it varies by state or county. 


@happygal 

 

I even have to sign a form when I get the flu vaccine giving permission to give it to me.  


@Foxxee 

 

Ok, Flu.  

 

Have you had a COVID vaccination, and did you have to sign for it?

 

Several here, including myself, have had it, and signed Nothing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,357
Registered: ‎07-09-2011

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.


@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Just this little anecdote, and I have no anecdote as my own and no source for this except Gallup poll. 

 


@NameAlreadyTaken 

 

In RE: your little anecdote:

 

Curious if you and your friend reviewed this recent (March 2021) Gallup Poll ~

            U.S. Optimism About COVID-19 Situation Reaches New High

 

This is a Very interesting contrasting poll, you can Goggle it by this title, it's right on the Gallup Website.  

 

I won't take up all the room to Copy and Paste.  

 

As for the other sources you've blended in, well...of course they aren't part of Gallup.

 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,302
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.


@Drythe wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Just this little anecdote, and I have no anecdote as my own and no source for this except Gallup poll. 

 


@NameAlreadyTaken 

 

In RE: your little anecdote:

 

Curious if you and your friend reviewed this recent (March 2021) Gallup Poll ~

            U.S. Optimism About COVID-19 Situation Reaches New High

 

This is a Very interesting contrasting poll, you can Goggle it by this title, it's right on the Gallup Website.  

 

I won't take up all the room to Copy and Paste.  

 

As for the other sources you've blended in, well...of course they aren't part of Gallup.

 


@Drythe 

I hope you read the same thing I typed.  I said I did not know the source and it was sent by a friend.  I said she was not home when I tried to source because I don't like to throw out things without a source as many of you do here. I will tell you if I don't have a source.  I have subsequently been in touch with her and she told me that it was sent to her by another person and this is all she has.  I don't Goggle nowadays.  I wear glasses.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,357
Registered: ‎07-09-2011

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.


@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Just this little anecdote, and I have no anecdote as my own and no source for this except Gallup poll. 

 


@NameAlreadyTaken 

 

In RE: your little anecdote:

 

Curious if you and your friend reviewed this recent (March 2021) Gallup Poll ~

            U.S. Optimism About COVID-19 Situation Reaches New High

 

This is a Very interesting contrasting poll, you can Goggle it by this title, it's right on the Gallup Website.  

 

I won't take up all the room to Copy and Paste.  

 

As for the other sources you've blended in, well...of course they aren't part of Gallup.

 


@Drythe 

I hope you read the same thing I typed.  I said I did not know the source and it was sent by a friend.  I said she was not home when I tried to source because I don't like to throw out things without a source as many of you do here. I will tell you if I don't have a source.  I have subsequently been in touch with her and she told me that it was sent to her by another person and this is all she has.  I don't Goggle nowadays.  I wear glasses.


@NameAlreadyTaken 

 

Yes, thank you, I would not have commented on your post, had I not read it.

 

What I provided is a more recent Poll solely by Gallup, which does not include opinions from other sources.

 

What you shared, as you clearly show, contains a variety of 

opinions not attributed to Gallup.

 

Information is good.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,043
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.

I am surprised by the number of health care workers that are hesitant to have the vaccine.

I also wonder if the number reported in that gallup poll in other countries was because a lot of the vaccine in Europe that was administered was astra-zeneca which some countries have suspended as of 3 days ago for further investigation due to mostly blood clots. Other countries also had other vaccines that we don't have currently in the us.

I think there is really no way they can attribute after vaccine deaths to the vaccine right now. I mean how can they without further testing and investigation which takes time?

 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,114
Registered: ‎12-01-2012

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.

I was reading this thread today then went to YouTube and this came up in my feed, from KPRC 2 Click2Houston:

 

17 Brenham nursing home residents contract COVID-19 after being vaccinated 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,605
Registered: ‎05-13-2010

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.

My guess would be that health care workers who refuse the vax would be less educated than those who do take it.  That would follow the same trends as some polls I've read.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,114
Registered: ‎12-01-2012

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.


@KarenQVC wrote:

My guess would be that health care workers who refuse the vax would be less educated than those who do take it.  That would follow the same trends as some polls I've read.


Some just have really long memories. 

 

"Some of the American public’s hesitance to embrace vaccines — the flu vaccine in particular — can be attributed to the long-lasting effects of a failed 1976 political campaign to mass-vaccinate the public against a strain of the swine flu virus. This government-led campaign was widely viewed as a debacle and put an irreparable dent in future public health initiatives, as well as negatively influenced the public’s perception of both the flu and the flu shot in this country."  

 

From Discover Magazine Sept. 30, 2013

 

The Public Health Legacy of the 1976 Swine Flu Outbreak 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,605
Registered: ‎05-13-2010

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.

@Grailseeker Yes, that could be a factor.  The dominant factors I have found are gender, education, where you go on Sat and Sun, and that thing we don't talk about here.

 

I will stick to those for making a profile of who is most likely to be carrying covid.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,834
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.


@Foxxee wrote:

Not surprising. 

 

Two times I got the flu about 1 month after receiving the vaccine.  They were much worse than anytime I had the flu when I didn't get the vaccine even though we are told the symptoms wouldn't be as bad.  

 

So, I don't believe everything I hear.  

 

So far the vaccine is iffy.  How long will immunity last, as well?  Some are saying 3-6 months just like the flu vaccine, but no one knows at this point.  

 

Studies on these vaccines are ongoing and rightly so.  Look at the form signed before the vaccine is given.  It says they are experimental.  

 

 

 

 

 


That is why I shall pass on the vaccination. If this will interfere with my life plans I will go for J&J. Maybe