Respected Contributor

can anyone tell me what to expect for second phizer shot?having this early sat.am off work until Monday at 1pm.little uneasy about this.i had no problem with first shot.not even a sore arm.thanks

Respected Contributor

No one can tell you what to expect because people have different reactions. I know people who had no reaction and people who had a headache, and people who felt sick with a fever. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   I doubt what happened to any one person tells what will happen for you.  I had no pain with Moderna shot #2.  Just some stiffness for about 24 hours., but I was wiped out for one day.  My appointment was an early evening one and I really didn’t want to do much for the whole following day - slept,through much of it.  By the following morning, I was fine.

Trusted Contributor

Sore arm is no big deal. Just like a bruise only goes away faster. Personally, I had no reaction at all. Probably best to expect the best!

Respected Contributor

If you do have symptoms, it’s very unlikely they would continue through Monday. I wouldn’t be concerned about returning to work but it was smart to schedule on the weekend since you’re concerned. I didn’t schedule work for the day of and the day after the Moderna and I was glad I did it that way, felt fine by the next afternoon but did have symptoms throughout the night of fever, headache.

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   Don't listen to anyone telling you how awful it was.  My children were so worried about my 2nd shot and how I would feel.  I had absolutely NO issues, no sore arm, no fatigue, no fever, etc:  Each person acts differently.  Just don't worry.  It is what it is.Heart

Valued Contributor

I had the 2nd Pfizer injection in mid February. My experience is not necessarily the same as anyone else. I experienced some of the most common symptoms, but not bad at all. The most prevalent was fatigue and joint pain. I actually think most of the joint pain was due to the awful uncomfortable chairs used for the half hour wait after the shot. The fatigue lasted a few days. I have also participated in the v-safe tracking.

Valued Contributor

My older sister had no side effects at all with both Pfizer vaccines. But as other posters have mention, everyone is different.

Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd vaccine

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

can anyone tell me what to expect for second phizer shot?having this early sat.am off work until Monday at 1pm.little uneasy about this.i had no problem with first shot.not even a sore arm.thanks

@Luvsmyfam @Speaking from personal experience, I had no pain or anything except some swelling in the armpit of the vaccinated arm. I did notice that on day 2  my arm was a tad sore when I reached above my head to get a bottle of water from atop of the fridge but the soreness only lasted for the time I was reaching and it was gone by the next day. I'm  in the over 65 group. I can say that the injection itself, when done by a professional, does not hurt at all. I barely felt it.

Speaking from a scientific standpoint, more reactions are seen in those recipients younger than 65, but reactions are mild and most commonly include one or more from this list:  headache, arm soreness at the injection site, fatigue, chills, nausea, myalgia and fever. 

Esteemed Contributor

We both had the Pfizer shot at 2 am. I started getting chills about 9 pm that lasted about 90 minutes. Hubby had a few body aches for about 90 minutes. I got out the heating pad and fell back to sleep. Arm was sore but less than the first shot.