Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@ninjawife -

Your post (I'm sorry!) but was so encouraging to me.

My second day of the 2nd shot was not fun either but also couldn't sleep-my stomach hurt, headache, aches, so tired, nauseated.I knew it wouldn't last, and I thought it was all over tonight but my stomach still hurts and I tried to sleep for over an hour -finally got up

to hope I can go to sleep a little later.

I did get to take a long nap this afternoon.

What encouraged me was you couldn't sleep either. I wondered if insomnia is a side effect, maybe until you crash?!

But I also wondered for the people who don't have any side effects but a sore arm, is their immune response really gearing up to protect themas much as if you get worse side effects?

Thats an interesting question. 

I hope you feel better soon and me too!

@on the bayI've wondered the same thing - and I've never seen it addressed anywhere.  So, should I hope for terrible side effects in order to have a strong immunity?? Who knows!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

@on the bayI agree. New Zealand gets the highest award for handling this appropriately. I have an online friend in New Zealand who said that the total population abiding by the rules without starting protests is why they have done so well.

They have had such low numbers. They get locked down for just a couple positive tests, and their people just do what they need to do. Those couple positive people get better, and the whole country is let out of their houses and go about their lives.

She is astounded at the arrogance some Americans have portrayed. They watch the global news. Us fighting the masks, fighting staying in, fighting everything (think Florida). It is embarrassing for me, because the USA is usually such a leader in most areas.

We wouldn't be in such a mess if we would have spent less time protesting and spreading. Just my opinion Smiley Happy

New Zealand is a small country, but it is not the size of a country, it is the behavior of the people. Our country

Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

This is ridiculous. What's the point of vaccines if you still have to wear masks and can't dine inside. We won't have a country left. We need more scientists to look into this matter. Not just one person.

@DJP 

How could Just 1 person possibly look into this Pandemic?

Right now there are over 10,000 scientists working on it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I'm done with my shots, too, a week ago.  Any side effects?  None w/the first, but the second, I ran a low (100) deg fever for two days and ached all over.

However, didn't mind as I felt that was better than having Covid Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd shot and done

[ Edited ]

@CLHS68 wrote:

Cannot get an appointment here.

Yep, that's the experience here too... So much for the rather desperate 'feel good' commentaries about all the 'good news' that reads like campaign rhetoric. Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd shot and done

[ Edited ]

I cant help but ask, is anyone really done after 2, isnt a 3rd booster on the horizon ?

We are over 65, and no appts available for us either. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DJP wrote:

This is ridiculous. What's the point of vaccines if you still have to wear masks and can't dine inside. We won't have a country left. We need more scientists to look into this matter. Not just one person.

We have been dining inside at restaurants since last year. Can't expect people to eat outside in the summer in Arizona any more than you can eat outside in Minnesota in the winter. I agree, once you've had the shots no more mask should be needed.