Contributor

Yahoo!! Finally got my 2nd shot and so did my DH.  We will still follow recommended procedures but we are considering going out to eat for the first time in over a year.  We have done curbside but not had the experience of eating out. It will celebrate his birthday and we are looking at places that offer special seating etc.

Honored Contributor

@Bigdoglover wrote:

Yahoo!! Finally got my 2nd shot and so did my DH.  We will still follow recommended procedures but we are considering going out to eat for the first time in over a year.  We have done curbside but not had the experience of eating out. It will celebrate his birthday and we are looking at places that offer special seating etc.

@Bigdoglover     YEA!  I get my second shot on March 7th... DH on March 15th.  Feel blessed to be so fortunate!

Honored Contributor

@Bigdoglover 

From one 'big dog lover to another', congrats!

My 2nd is scheduled for March 3rd and I have lung disease, so I can't wait!

Heck, I've been self isolating since March 2020 except for 2 Dr. appts.

DH also has auto-immune disease, so we have to be careful.

****DISCLAIMER*****

I am in NO way  dissing anyone who chooses not to get the vaccine, it's completely a personal choice and what you believe.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bigdoglover  Isn't it a great feeling to be able to resume a bit of what we had? I'm getting my second shot Saturday and I'll be able to see my son and granddaughter more! 😍 I'll still wear masks but the vaccine is peace of mind! 

Respected Contributor

Cannot get an appointment here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bigdoglover  So glad you were able to get your shots. I got my first shot last Thursday.DH is scheduled to get his first shot next Wednesday.

It took me a long time to schedule our vaccine appointments. It took hours of checking the State website to finally snag the appointments.It's funny but DH was eligible before me yet his appointment is 10 days after mine.I'm grateful to have gotten them because I know many people who have not had any luck.

Regular Contributor

I'm in the 1A group and I cannot get an appointment either. I signed up on various websites but notthing.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

Cannot get an appointment here.

@CLHS68 What state are you in?  Are they just not available?

In Washington state they have phases for who can sign up to get the shot..... the phase we are in now is for those 65 or older and those 50 and older  living in a multi aged household with  people 65 or older...... the next phase will start next month allowing younger people to get the shots...

Respected Contributor

Congratulations! In two weeks you will be considered fully vaccinated 👍. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd shot and done

[ Edited ]

What is the period of time after getting ones 2nd vaccine, that the CDC and other "experts" say the vaccine becomes the most effective, primarily from transmitting it?

Heard 1 of the "experts"  on several newscasts, mention 2022!  

This is not for a political response. I would like to see if there are different understandings from those that are completely vaccinated.

I get my 2nd Pfizer on March 5th. My life is pretty simple, so it didn't change much over the last year. There were things beyond my control that changed, most had little effect on my life. Unlike many others that have commented here, having my 2nd injection will change little.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)