Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd dose of phizer covid vaccine

@violann wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

first shot...no problems....second shot....very nauseous for 48 hours.....and intestional issue...if you catch my drift......pfizer.....

I also had the same intestinal problem with my second Pfizer shot.  With my second shot I got up the next day feeling ill.  I went back to bed and felt much better when I got up.  Am very thankful for this shot.  

Having started with my month long "dose" of active Covid infection, I would have been vaccinated as soon as I could possibly get it, no matter how DIRE the side effects were.

In fact I would have taken it 10 TIMES OVER to avoid repeating an active Covid infection. 

As it happened, I had side effects with both my doses of Pfizer, they were totally bearable, and they left me as though someone had thrown a switch. 

Please believe me- I had a MILD Covid infection, and in NO WAY did my side effects compare to it. They were NOTHING that any way bothered me for more than a couple days tops.

@violann my daughter and son-in-law have said the same things about Covid.  They both hope they never have it again.  
They are restaurant managers and their group became eligible this week for the vaccine.  My son-in-law is going tomorrow for his first and my daughter is going next Friday for her first.
They decided not to have it done together.  They want to be able to take care of each other should they get have covid symptom reaction.

They came down with Covid within a day of each other and said it sucked to be that sick and have no one to take care of them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@Janey2  I'm not willing to play the What if game with my life. This is an Experimental Gene Therapy shot. Never fully tested on humans. They don't know anything about this shot. They are not sure that it even protects you against Covid. Fauci said even if you are Vaccinated you can still get Covid,you can still transmit it to other and you still have to wear a Mask & Socially distance. So,Why am I subjecting my body,which has a pretty good Immune system to this Experimental Gene Therapy Shot,that is NOT FDA APPROVED....I'll pass. I am not a Human Guinea Pig..BUT Hey like I have said many times before.If you feel safe in getting this fine

@Alexa6352  Gosh I think it's time you pay more attention to reputable news.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Effie54 

We weren't asked which brand of vaccine we preferred. Had no idea which one it was when we scheduled it. Found out when we asked right before the shot was given. 

hckynut 

Some people are not able to accept certain shots due to sensitivities. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@Sooner  You do know that this is NOT A VACCINE? It's an Experimental Gene Therapy Shot. They call it a vaccine..but do some research it's not a vaccine. It's not FDA Approved..and they did not do enough Human trials on it. they have no idea what Long Term Effects this NEW THERAPY  would have on our bodies..BUT if yu are ok with that fine. Iam not and refuse to be a Human Guinea pig..But that's just me..BUT Good Luck.

Now that 6 month data is in, they are in line for full FDA approval!

You might need to work on a different reason for refusing 😃

Valued Contributor

@Still Raining  I really don't need any excuse to refuse to take it. It's my Constutional Right..But the fact that there are medications available to take care of Covid..why would I take a vaccine.I just heard this morning that they believe that this Vaccine may only be effective for 6 months..So,get ready to take another one and another one..If you are ok with that..Hey I have no problem with that. I will pass.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alexa6352 

You would put experimental Covid treatments into your virus riddled body? We haven't done any testing to ensure the new Covid treatments don't have any horrible life altering side effects. The disease is too new. Could be years down the line and a new treatment could cripple you.

You could easily be jumping from the frying pan into the fire if your plan is to take your chances and then just go to the hospital for help if you get moderate to severe Covid.

If your intention is to go vaccine free, your best bet is to continue to use all recommended safety precautions and stay away from others until the rest of us get this sorted out for you.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am the exception to what others dealt with on their 2nd Pfizer vaccine.

I was fine with the 1st...just a midly sore arm.  On the second, the following day, I had a temp, body aches, chills and headache.  The worst part was the vomiting 4-5 times an hour for approximately 7-8 hours.  I finally managed to keep ice chips down or it was off to the hospital for me.

I had nausea and was unable to eat much for the following week.  My doctor had to prescribe medication to settle the stomach.

I have not heard or read where anyone had the severe reaction that I did. 

I am definitely an anomaly.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

DH and i had our first Pfizer this morning, so far so good, but that can easily change. 

Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@Still Raining  I really don't need any excuse to refuse to take it. It's my Constutional Right..But the fact that there are medications available to take care of Covid..why would I take a vaccine.I just heard this morning that they believe that this Vaccine may only be effective for 6 months..So,get ready to take another one and another one..If you are ok with that..Hey I have no problem with that. I will pass.

It hasn't been out long enough for them to say it's good for longer.

Read the post titles Update Great News.....it explains it.

Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@Sooner  You do know that this is NOT A VACCINE? It's an Experimental Gene Therapy Shot. They call it a vaccine..but do some research it's not a vaccine. It's not FDA Approved..and they did not do enough Human trials on it. they have no idea what Long Term Effects this NEW THERAPY  would have on our bodies..BUT if yu are ok with that fine. Iam not and refuse to be a Human Guinea pig..But that's just me..BUT Good Luck.

@Alexa6352 What I know is that life is full of risks and if we don't try to do something it could be like the black plague or some other pandemic where a good deal of the world's population died.  

You can refuse to do whatever you want, but I can risk the vaccine or I can risk getting the covid and dying a terrible death.  Or I could fall over from a stroke, die by drunk driver, have a heart attack, or eat tainted greens that are so good for you and die from that.

Or I could sit in my chair in gripe myself to death.  One way or the other I have faith and pray and I figure that is about my best SHOT anyway!