Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd dose of phizer covid vaccine

@Janey2 wrote:

@haddon9  Of course we do not know what our reactions to the vaccine will be years from now, but what if it is the opposite of what everybody thinks. What if the vaccine not only protects from COVID but from other ailments as well? 

@Janey2   Wouldn't that be wonderful?!!  However it ususally takes several years before a new vaccine is fully approved.....because they study them for long term safety.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

We weren't asked which brand of vaccine we preferred. Had no idea which one it was when we scheduled it. Found out when we asked right before the shot was given. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@haddon9  Of course we do not know what our reactions to the vaccine will be years from now, but what if it is the opposite of what everybody thinks. What if the vaccine not only protects from COVID but from other ailments as well? 

@Janey2 

Happy to see you pointed out how some choose to live their lives by "what if's". Not many things in my life where I could not have used that phrase. About any action in one's life can be a "what if"? 

Never been words used in my life and, like the past, it was what it was. The future will be what it will be. Some need to realize there are many things in their lives they cannot control and the future, only to a certain degree.

What if I hadn't typed this? Hmm!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Effie54    Had my second Moderna shot this week.  A bit of stiffness in my upper arm, but no pain.   I was wiped out the next day - but the next day, I had a full day of appointments and kept them all.

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

first shot...no problems....second shot....very nauseous for 48 hours.....and intestional issue...if you catch my drift......pfizer.....

I also had the same intestinal problem with my second Pfizer shot.  With my second shot I got up the next day feeling ill.  I went back to bed and felt much better when I got up.  Am very thankful for this shot.  

Honored Contributor

We took the Pfizer one both shots--zero issues except a little soreness in the arm as with most shots.

I had a horrible reaction last fall to the regular flu vaccine and had never had that before.  I guess you can't predict. 

But since vaccines have been around for a long time, I guess I am not as worried about long term as some are.  Anyway, I'm too old for long term. . . Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2  I'm not willing to play the What if game with my life. This is an Experimental Gene Therapy shot. Never fully tested on humans. They don't know anything about this shot. They are not sure that it even protects you against Covid. Fauci said even if you are Vaccinated you can still get Covid,you can still transmit it to other and you still have to wear a Mask & Socially distance. So,Why am I subjecting my body,which has a pretty good Immune system to this Experimental Gene Therapy Shot,that is NOT FDA APPROVED....I'll pass. I am not a Human Guinea Pig..BUT Hey like I have said many times before.If you feel safe in getting this fine

Valued Contributor

@Sooner  You do know that this is NOT A VACCINE? It's an Experimental Gene Therapy Shot. They call it a vaccine..but do some research it's not a vaccine. It's not FDA Approved..and they did not do enough Human trials on it. they have no idea what Long Term Effects this NEW THERAPY  would have on our bodies..BUT if yu are ok with that fine. Iam not and refuse to be a Human Guinea pig..But that's just me..BUT Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

first shot...no problems....second shot....very nauseous for 48 hours.....and intestional issue...if you catch my drift......pfizer.....

I also had the same intestinal problem with my second Pfizer shot.  With my second shot I got up the next day feeling ill.  I went back to bed and felt much better when I got up.  Am very thankful for this shot.  

Having started with my month long "dose" of active Covid infection, I would have been vaccinated as soon as I could possibly get it, no matter how DIRE the side effects were.

In fact I would have taken it 10 TIMES OVER to avoid repeating an active Covid infection. 

As it happened, I had side effects with both my doses of Pfizer, they were totally bearable, and they left me as though someone had thrown a switch. 

Please believe me- I had a MILD Covid infection, and in NO WAY did my side effects compare to it. They were NOTHING that any way bothered me for more than a couple days tops.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Next day After my 2nd Pfizer shot, I had low grade fever and felt cruddy most of the day.  Advil helped and good as new the following day, to my family's chagrin...  🤣🤣🤣

Seems to be a lot of variation in the after effects. I know several people who had same effect as me, and many were just fine...  I'm just happy and relieved to be protected from this unpredictable virus- Yay pharma!