Trusted Contributor

2nd dose of phizer covid vaccine

I received my second dose about 24 hours ago and no real problems, arm is a little sore no big deal. I did have some minor symptoms with the first dose, general malaise, very sore arm, chills, heart palpitations but nothing I could not deal with. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2nd dose of phizer covid vaccine

I also had my second Pfizer shot yesterday. So far so good...no reaction with either shot. Even my arm is OK. I know that I still have to adhere to Covid guidelines but it's at least somewhat reassuring that despite a possible fourth wave, I'll have some protection.

Honored Contributor

Good to read the experiences on this thread, I get my second dose in three weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband got both Pfeizer shots and had no reactions. I think if I did decide to get the vaccine, it would need to be the Pfizer one. I'm very allergic to preservatives, so the Johnson and Johnson is out. I've heard from many of my women friends who have had the Moderna shot, had terrible side effects. of course there's 1 million people out there who had that shot and are perfectly fine. I'm saying the people I know who had the Moderna shot, we're not happy with it.

Honored Contributor

I've had both shots (Pfizer) with almost zero side effects. After the first shot, no adverse effects. After the 2nd shot, a bit lethargic for the day. (Or maybe it's the other way around.  It's been awhile now.). Anyway, I'm very happy to have that protection.

Respected Contributor

I had my 2nd dose of Moderna yesterday (in my thigh).  Today I have a sore injection site and I feel achy and tired but not much else.  Good day to read and chill!!

Respected Contributor

Had second Moderna shot this week.  The fatigue was worse this time around for just the next day:  kept going back to bed for an hour or two.  Each time I got up, I felt a little bit better.  Back to normal Day 2.

Arm seemed to be a little sorer.

All in all....so glad to have gotten the protection !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Other than some soreness, fatigue or a fever I think most people are fine short term.  What I'm fearful of is long term issues like serious autoimmune illness and cancer.  There are no long term studies on these vaccines.

Esteemed Contributor

first shot...no problems....second shot....very nauseous for 48 hours.....and intestional issue...if you catch my drift......pfizer.....

Respected Contributor

@haddon9  Of course we do not know what our reactions to the vaccine will be years from now, but what if it is the opposite of what everybody thinks. What if the vaccine not only protects from COVID but from other ailments as well?