Respected Contributor

Re: 2nd Vaccine Results

[ Edited ]

I think it is wrong for anyone to use the now commonly used derrogatory term "antivaxxer" to describe anyone.  If a young person is afraid to drive a car, and refuses to get a driving permit or driver's license, they are not labelled "anti-car".  If a person hates all vegetables, no one calls them "anti-vegetable" or "anti-longevity".  The word "antivaxxer" has its origins in the media, and the word is promoted heavily by the pharmaceutical industry that controls the media with their lucrative, non-stop advertising for drugs and licensed vaccines.  This intentionally derogatory and divisive term "anti-vaxxer" is used continually to divide people into two separate and distinct camps, all to pitt one group against another. 

Vaccine injuries can happen many weeks post injection. This is an estabilshed fact. Think Guillain-Barré syndrome, which usually happens within six weeks from the date of injection. It is not like anaphylaxis which happens more quickly.  My friend's daughter died two weeks after her 2nd MMR vaccine, yet her daughter's death was compensated in vaccine court as an encephalopathy that was due to the vaccine.  It was considered a "table injury" meaning a known severe, rare consequence of that particular vaccine.  

There is also concern about the new mRNA shots having unknown potential "generational" effects, per this US News article originating from Reuters dated January 5,2021 which speaks about Peru and that country's negotiations to get one of the COVID inoculations, "LIMA (Reuters) - Peru's health minister said on Tuesday that "controversy" had arisen over a liability waiver in the country's negotiations to obtain COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer Inc.

Pilar Mazzetti told Congress that Peruvian officials had been in "constant contact" with Pfizer since July but that a dispute arose in their negotiations in December.

She said she could not give details because of a confidentiality agreement but added that they related to "the waiving of important elements such as ... jurisdictional immunity."

"It is true that one needs the vaccine but it is also true that there are aspects related to aspects of our sovereignty that the country has to protect ... it has to do with risk for future generations," she told lawmakers.

Several other countries, including Brazil and Argentina, have raised concerns about liability waivers in their negotiations with Pfizer.

World Bank officials said on Tuesday they were working with countries to address the liability waiver issue which they said had emerged as one of the key obstacles to sealing vaccine supply deals."

These novel shots against COVID-19 are considered experimental at this time, and their long term effects on our DNA is not known presently, no matter how many public health officials line up to state the shots will not alter our DNA.  If this issue has not been studied in actual animals or people, the answer is not known. Into what organ systems do the mRNA and nanoparticles go, how long does a human being manufacture the spike proteins, and what is the effect of chronic production of the spike proteins? Will there be problems with autoimmunity? Will there be antibody dependent enhancement from the shots?  Nobody knows--- yet.  

Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

I think it is wrong for anyone to use the now commonly used derrogatory term "antivaxxer" to describe anyone.  If a young person is afraid to drive a car, and refuses to get a driving permit or driver's license, they are not labelled "anti-car".  If a person hates all vegetables, no one calls them "anti-vegetable" or "anti-longevity".  The word "antivaxxer" has its origins in the media, and the word is promoted heavily by the pharmaceutical industry that controls the media with their lucrative, non-stop advertising for drugs and licensed vaccines.  This intentionally derogatory and divisive term "anti-vaxxer" is used continually to divide people into two separate and distinct camps, all to pitt one group against another. 

Vaccine injuries can happen many weeks post injection. This is an estabilshed fact. Think Guillain-Barré syndrome, which usually happens within six weeks from the date of injection. It is not like anaphylaxis which happens more quickly.  My friend's daughter died two weeks after her 2nd MMR vaccine, yet her daughter's death was compensated in vaccine court as an encephalopathy that was due to the vaccine.  It was considered a "table injury" meaning a known severe, rare consequence of that particular vaccine.  

There is also concern about the new mRNA shots having unknown potential "generational" effects, per this US News article originating from Reuters dated January 5,2021 which speaks about Peru and that country's negotiations to get one of the COVID inoculations, "LIMA (Reuters) - Peru's health minister said on Tuesday that "controversy" had arisen over a liability waiver in the country's negotiations to obtain COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer Inc.

Pilar Mazzetti told Congress that Peruvian officials had been in "constant contact" with Pfizer since July but that a dispute arose in their negotiations in December.

She said she could not give details because of a confidentiality agreement but added that they related to "the waiving of important elements such as ... jurisdictional immunity."

"It is true that one needs the vaccine but it is also true that there are aspects related to aspects of our sovereignty that the country has to protect ... it has to do with risk for future generations," she told lawmakers.

Several other countries, including Brazil and Argentina, have raised concerns about liability waivers in their negotiations with Pfizer.

World Bank officials said on Tuesday they were working with countries to address the liability waiver issue which they said had emerged as one of the key obstacles to sealing vaccine supply deals."

These novel shots against COVID-19 are considered experimental at this time, and their long term effects on our DNA is not known presently, no matter how many public health officials line up to state the shots will not alter our DNA.  If this issue has not been studied in actual animals or people, the answer is not known. Into what organ systems do the mRNA and nanoparticles go, how long does a human being manufacture the spike proteins, and what is the effect of chronic prodution of the spike proteins? Will there be problems with autoimmunity? Will there be antibody dependent enhancement from the shots?  Nobody knows--- yet.  

@Jersey Born, since you mentioned Guillian-Barre syndrome  let's stick with the facts that Guillian-Barre occurs in non-vaccinated individuals as well.  In fact, from epidemiological tracking Guillian-Barre occurs in more individuals not related to vaccination as compared to those that develop the syndrome post vaccination.

Guillian-Barre is a syndrome that is fairly rare. It is a type of disorder in which they know that for some reason that person's own immune system starts to attack various peripheral nerves.  

Although the exact cause is not known, it is a disorder in which individuals have encountered an infection of some type preceding the onset of symptoms of Guillian-Barre, usually within 6 weeks of the person having the illness.  It also occurs in some individuals after surgery.  recovery.  

With epidemiological tracking they know the occurrence of some illnesses are more commonly associated with the development of Guillian-Barre.  I think it still stands the the most common offender is exposure to a food borne illness related to polutry with the causative agent being campylobacter.  It has also been correlated with zika virus, influenza, as well as hepatitis A and B, and other illnesses. 

Most recently, it is now associated to occur in a individuals that contracted covid-19.  These cases are documented in the medical literature.

In fact, one of the nurses I know worked with a patient that contracted covid-19 back sometime in the spring 0f 2020 that did not require hospitalization.  The patient was female and in her 30s.  While sick, she did not develp serious respiratory issues that required hospitalization and did recover.  However around 4-5 weeks later she developed Guillian-Barre syndrome and did require hospitalization.  This individual had not had any vaccine for years due to her age and did not take influenza vaccinations.  She did very well and was discharged from the hospital.  The neurologists on her case identified covid-19 infection as the causative situation for the development of the Guillian-Barre. 

As a side note,there is some interesting research taking place examining a possible  increased risk of a second occurrence of Guillian-barre in those individuals contracing covid-19.    

So if someone is going to "fear" Guillian-barre syndrome, they should also place a tremendous effort on fearing becoming sick or even having surgery.  

At any rate, there is a very low mortality rate associated with Guillian-barre in the individuals and most go on to recover completely.  However, that should not overshadow those that do experience the syndrome and end up experiencing the worst complications with temporary paralysis are understandably scared and uncertain during that time.  Obviously, it can be a scary experience for those that do encounter it.  

The way that some discuss Guillian-barre seems to be limited to a discussion post vaccination that appears to overshadow although it is a rare disorder, it occurs in more individuals not related to vaccine history.  Many think that it is only encountered in those that have received a vaccine of some type, which is definitely not the case at all.    

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pitdakota - Please know that I was not making any kind of statement about the relationship of GBS to any COVID-19 inoculation or to any other "cause" per se.  Eating raw chicken or undercooked eggs can also lead to GBS, allegedly from C. jejunum infection.  I wasn't trying to induce fear in anyone about getting GBS from any vaccine they take, nor trying to indicate that the only reason a person could possibly get GBS is from vaccines.  

The only point I was trying to make in my statement above about GBS is that sometimes the side effects from vaccines don't happen immediately post injection, or even, necessarily the same day, or the same week as the injection.  Sometimes vaccine side effects can happen a few weeks or more after the injection. Our body reacts at its own pace to medications and injections, in due course, and there is great variation to a person's individual experience and perception of the side effects.

Valued Contributor

Few family members including myself all had their second shot. We all got Moderna. Oldest 2 people had the least amount of side affects, go figure! It really is individually based what you might get or not. Overall feeling bad a day or two or more was worth it in the long run for us!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 24 hrs in after getting Moderna #2 along with DH.  So far we've only had sore arms.  I'm 77 and he is 70.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

We received our second shots on Sunday.

Ages 72 and 67

Edited to add we received Moderna 

Husband slight fever less than 1 degree for 24 hours sore arm for 36 hours

Me fever for 48 hours peaking at 101.6

Sore arm for about 36 hours.

Both feel the slight discomfort was well worth it.

Laughing that my fitness tracker thinks I did 205 minutes of aerobic exercise on Monday as I slept many hours on the couch.  I guess that is fever aerobic exercise.  Ha ha

Back to normal and so very THANKFUL to be vaccinated 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jersey Born   I'm also tired of the term "anti-vaxxer".  It's derogatory and making fun of those who are vaccine hesitant.  I'm personally hesitant because I'm afraid...just like those who are anxious to get the vaccine tend to be afraid of Covid and any possible side effects.  Life is a gamble and we all do what we believe what is the best for each of us.

According to the FDA (right on their website) there are possible side effects for getting the Covid vaccine. There are 22 examples of serious possible adverse events posted.  

After living with someone who has a serious & very rare autoimmune brain illness for 9 years I prefer to take a wait and see approach regarding the vaccine.

If anyone is interested in the FDA chart scroll down to page 16

https:  //www.  fda.gov/media/143557/  download

ETA: Many if not most of these "adverse events" are long term and can develop months down the road.

Respected Contributor

@Delilah.

And what makes you think there won't be? There are always side-effects. Have you not seen the side-effects from previous vaccines? I have and some have been life altering and devastating. Its a small percentage yes, but I refuse to let the scare tactics of the media force me into something I will regret later. 

I think you're selfish--putting evryone around you at risk just because you...refuse to let the scare tactics of the media force me into something I will regret later. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

My mom got her second shot yesterday.  Chills, fever massive headache....if not better soon she is going to the emergency room.  

OMG - I hope she's feeling better! It seems like its the second shot that really sends the side-effects rolling. Prayers to your mom.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

These novel shots against COVID-19 are considered experimental at this time, and their long term effects on our DNA is not known presently, no matter how many public health officials line up to state the shots will not alter our DNA.  If this issue has not been studied in actual animals or people, the answer is not known. Into what organ systems do the mRNA and nanoparticles go, how long does a human being manufacture the spike proteins, and what is the effect of chronic production of the spike proteins? Will there be problems with autoimmunity? Will there be antibody dependent enhancement from the shots?  Nobody knows--- yet.  

Thank you! There is a reason that certain people (like myself) just won't risk getting the shot. I won't risk permanent injury from a vaccine that no one knows long-term side-effects. I just won't. I had one shot last year that was supposed to be safe, everyone does fine, blah, blah - and low and behold a year later, I still have neuropathy. Soo........no on the shot.