Esteemed Contributor

So glad about your good news. May good fortune continue for both of you. As for hockey, enjoy but be careful. I was a figure skater years ago. I skated at my alma mater when I returned there for grad school. It has been a college hockey powerhouse for a long time. I’d skate after the hockey team had practice and all I remember is the ice covered in blood spatters. It was chilling in every way.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the update John. Looking forward to hearing Cindy is home tonight after you get her all settled in. 

Honored Contributor

Good news!!   Thanks for sharing the update, John. 

My best to you and your wife. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Best news possible!  I hope both of you are home enjoying your furbaby family.  John, take it easy in the rink especially until you are fully healed.  So happy for the two of you!

Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd Update on my wife

[ Edited ]

My wife was discharged early that evening and will schedule follow up appointments with her Bariatric and Gastro doctors in a couple weeks. Of course if she has any issues, they want to see her right away.

We are positive thinkers/Optimists, and about as far as one can be from Type A worriers. We take things as they develop and deal with what we know, not with "what if's/could be's",  and speculate on nothing. To us those things do nothing but exhaust the mind and body, and do nothing positive for anyone.

Thank each and every one of you for your kindness/thoughts and prayers for my wife and I, they will never be forgotten.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I am so glad to hear she is progressing and on her way to going home!!!!!

I was waiting to hear that she was going to need a ERCP I know several people who have had this procdure as well (with and without spy glass).  Based on your updates it looked like that is what they were going to do.

Please be on the look out for signs of Pancreatitis.  Every person we know who had the procedure (even younger people 35 yrs old) end up back in the hospital with pancreatitis. Ugghhhh!

Best wishes to the both of you!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd Update on my wife

[ Edited ]

@hckynut

I'm glad to hear Cindy is home where she can relax and heal in familiar surroundings.  Taking it a day at a time; that's good advice.  Don't worry, but be her/your own advocate as needs arise.  Without a doubt you already do this.

I know Cindy has suffered health concerns before and I found this for her.  She has proved in the past that she is a strong woman and will do so now and in future.  Healing Hugs.

For Cindy with ((hugs))) and prayers:

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.-L7UvBpgt3Xkb_bvDSTskgHaHa&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

John,

I'm so glad this turned out well for you and your wife!!!  WHEW!!!

Continued healing for her!!

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut very good news!  After all this,I hope you both have a nice relaxing Summer together. Also,I so admire your low key attitude...wish I could learn it. I'm  "negative Nelly" when it comes to health issues (self-defeating I know.)

By the way..Vegas Knights or DC? Who do you like?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV,

Thank you for your thoughts of wife and myself. We are both hoping we can get by with neither of us having a serious health event. We both do the best we can to avoid the health issues. I do push the envelope a bit when it comes to my physical activities, according to some others my age. The love of ice skating with always be with me, and I totally understand that it is not the most risk free activity, regardless of ones age.

As for the Stanley Cup Finals? I will start with this. With Vegas carrying the name "Golden Knights" and being this good a team in their 1st year, which no NHL expansion team has ever done a no brainer for me.

Every single professional hockey team that played in our city carried the name "Knights", going back to the 1930's. I saw Gordie Howe(Mr. Hockey) played  here in the mid 1940's, when he began his professional career here in our city. Our team was the Farm Team of the Detroit Red Wings during that time.

Throw in that I do not like players in their 30's acting like 10 year olds. I had hopes that the DC "big shot", known as "OVI" would grow up, but he hasn't! I am fine with the Caps  team, and really like and respect their coach Barry Trotts, as he is the one that made them the team they are today, not Ovi.

DVR'd the game tonight and will be watching it pretty soon. Take care of our 6 felines and let Lily, our canine, out for her business break, and then! Pop me up a big bowl of popcorn and start watching the game.

Appreciate you and everyone that offered their thoughts and prayers for my wife, and myself. My best to every single one of you kind people.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)