Honored Contributor

2nd Update on my wife

[ Edited ]

The Endoscopic Procedure is an ERCP. My wife had an MRI and it helped determine (verify) there was a stone in her bile duct. The Doctors first wanted to see if she would pass this without any type of intervention, since neither her Gastro or Bariatric doctor felt it was life threatening at this point. I trust their decision, as does my wife.

Her latest urine test showed that her readings had improved immensely and the doctors were encouraged and agreed she may have passed the stone. They decided to stop her Morphine to see if she would still have any upper right abdominal pain.

She has been without Morphine for 2 days and she told me she no longer has any pain in that area, so she next advanced to consuming clear liquids. So far no problems and they ran another urine sample test. This showed readings closer to normal, which indicates to them she has passed the stone.

The doctors agreed it would be safe to discharge her from the hospital later today. Since it will be closer to evening discharge, she told me to go ahead and go skating this afternoon, which is 1 of my 3 regular skating days. In spite of my recent fall, this will my 2nd time skating.

Nose still hurts a bit as broken noses do, my wrist is more of a problem since it is my right, dominant, hand. Not easy lacing my skates with this splint on my hand and forearm, hut I managed at my last skate, which was last week.

Hopefully my next update will be saying she is back home. Once again, in words it is hard to express our feelings of how much your thoughts/kindness, and prayers, mean to both of us. The best I can type is a deep appreciation for everyone caring, and saying a BIG THANK YOU to everyone.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I hope you have your wife home tonight, I'll bet that would be a huge relief. I'm glad she doesn't have the severe pain. I wish you both the best of luck. Be careful skating!

Honored Contributor

John, Indeed that is great news.  Soon she'll be home and the pain will go away for good. I'm so happy to hear this.  Now John one last word:  Don't fall!!! 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut  So glad your wife is coming home!  Now as for you and your recent skating/ accidents..... I want to tell you to please take up walking a dog or just walking for a couple hours a day PLEASE.  It is the Mother in me that knows best.....Smiley Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful update on your wife. And so pleased to hear you are back skating. (I must have missed a post.) Be careful and enjoy the ice! Anxious to read your next post which verifies your wife is comfortable at home. You both have had your share of medical issues since I've been in the Forum (just a year full-time). Hope recovery is UNeventful and complete.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut - This is great news! So glad Cindy is feeling better and on the upswing and will be home tonight. Please also take care of yourself.

Honored Contributor

I hope she is home soon.

Respected Contributor

Great news, John!!  Hopefully she will be home in time to watch game 2 tonight!!

Glad to hear you are skating also

Have a great day!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@hckynut,

Wonderful news John about Cindy, be careful skating!

For you and Cindy,

https://justmytwocents2.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sending-positive-thoughts-your-way.jpg

Honored Contributor

So happy to hear that Cindy is coming home! Don't let her overdo.