Honored Contributor

295,236 Lbs BEEF RECALL. POSSIBLE E. coli 0157.

[ Edited ]

"Greater Omaha Packing Recalls Raw Beef Products Due to Possible E. Coli O157:H7 Contamination

FSIS Announcement

WASHINGTON, July 29, 2021 – Greater Omaha Packing, an Omaha, Neb. establishment, is recalling approximately 295,236 pounds of raw beef products intended for non-intact use that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

The raw beef products intended for non-intact use were produced on July 13, 2021. The complete list of products and product codes for the beef products that are subject to this recall "can be found here as well as the complete information page about this recall. The meat has been sent to other packers for distribution. There's not enough information available yet to determine where the meat has ultimately wound up. 

"The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 960A” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were distributed to further processors in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and Nebraska."

The complete list of products and product codes for the beef products that are subject to recall can be found here.

The compete USDA recall notice can be found here:

Just an aside, this is not the same company as Omaha Steaks. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 295,236 Lbs BEEF RECALL. POSSIBLE E. coli 0157.

Saw, actually heard, this on the news 2 days ago. The only reason I even paid any attention to it was? I heard the word Omaha, and that is where I live.

Other than that? I ain't ate meat since the mid '70's so I have no interest in it. I am sure others here may be.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I also very rarely eat meat, especially ground beef or steaks, but it just so happens that my grandson loves my hamburger steaks that I make for him, and he visited last week and we had hamburger steaks twice!!  I even ate a few bites, which is rare for me.  But so far, both of us are feeling well.  Fingers crossed for those who might get sick!!

Frequent Contributor

Would you give me your recipe for your hamburger steaks. My husband loves them and I just can't seem to get them right. Thanks abd have a blessed day 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gillsburg @You might want to ask for a recipe by posting a request in the Recipes Forum. There are some great cooks that will help you out there.

Honored Contributor

There has been alot of recalls lately! Probably alot too that none of us know about Man Mad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@gillsburg wrote:

Would you give me your recipe for your hamburger steaks. My husband loves them and I just can't seem to get them right. Thanks abd have a blessed day 

@123SuzyQ123( So she will see your request)