Honored Contributor

25 Ways to Use Peppermint Oil

Top 25 Peppermint Essential Oil Uses and Benefits #essentialoils #peppermint #naturalremedy:

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 25 Ways to Use Peppermint Oil

Thanks for the chart.  There are many interesting uses.  I love peppermint, not only to eat/drink but I also appreciate its therapeutic benefits.  I use Dr. Bonner’s peppermint soap which helps keep blackheads and facial redness at bay.  One time I ate some peppermint candy and it eased/stopped my sore gums.  That’s when I first realized that peppermint is a natural anti-inflammatory.  I drink peppermint tea, not only because I like it, but it also helps with digestion. 

Honored Contributor

Whenever I eat/smell peppermint, I sneeze!

Open a bottle of peppermint oil, sniff....sneeze.

Start chewing a piece of peppermint gum....sneeze.

Am I the only weird one? 🙃

Respected Contributor

I can vouch for help with joint pain-that I discovered by accident!

I use pure peppermint oil to keep rodents away from my plants: it won't kill them and is non-toxic to pets.

I was spraying and some dripped on my aching arthritic hands and without thinking, I rubbed my hands together and rubbed some on my left knee. (Force of habbit from frequent applications of aspercreme). It quickly dawned on me that my pain disappeared! I have used it since....

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I make a room spray with peppermint essential oil. I use it in the bathroom, mostly,  where it really cuts the poo stink.

Regular Contributor

@sidsmom - also causes me to sneeze

Respected Contributor

Yes many benefits of peppermint oil. I have a bottle of it that I have been using to make a spray to get rid of spiders and fruit flies. It is working very well. The pears I bought had fruit flies in them! So I threw out the pears and could not get rid of the fruit flies and remembered that peppermint oil and water gets rid of them. No more fruit flies but I still have spiders here and there. 

Honored Contributor

I use peppermint oil to scent my house.   Very pleasant smell that appeals to all of my family.   

Honored Contributor

Add a few drops of peppermint oil to cotton balls.  Place in some sort of netting and hang in closets.  Don't leave lying around because dogs and sometimes cats will chew on and/or swallow anything.  Thanks for the chart, Lola!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).