Super Contributor

last year I bought a food scale and started to measure by weight and using measuring spoons and cups just how much I was eating. It is eye opening to see how much excess we eat without realizing it! If this kit they are selling helps you, so be it. But anyone can just start to measure and weigh out your food.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
On 1/3/2015 SnowPink said:
On 1/3/2015 AnnaBella said:

Got a big glass of soda in front of you and you don't know how many ounces it is? Turn your fist on its side and place next to the glass. The top of your fist measures approximately 8 ounces.

Or better yet... don't drink it.

Super Contributor
The big idea behind the 21 day fix is establishing healthy eating habits including portion control in three weeks. We are all smart enough to know that achieving a "bikini body" in 21 days is not possible for a 200+ pound woman. The belief is that once the healthy habits including nutrition and exercise are established, one will incorporate them daily thus leading to the shape and size of body one wants. I have done the fix, done the dvd's and even ordered the shakeology. I liked all of it, lost about 17 pounds, lost fat and firmed up. Having said this, life catches up and motivation wanes. Once I determine why I can't maintain these habits and motivation for more than a month, I will achieve permanent weight loss. I have gained about 5 pounds since Thanksgiving and Will go back to the dvd's and sooner or later the containers.
Contributor
On 1/3/2015 Shiloh09 said: The big idea behind the 21 day fix is establishing healthy eating habits including portion control in three weeks. We are all smart enough to know that achieving a "bikini body" in 21 days is not possible for a 200+ pound woman. The belief is that once the healthy habits including nutrition and exercise are established, one will incorporate them daily thus leading to the shape and size of body one wants. I have done the fix, done the dvd's and even ordered the shakeology. I liked all of it, lost about 17 pounds, lost fat and firmed up. Having said this, life catches up and motivation wanes. Once I determine why I can't maintain these habits and motivation for more than a month, I will achieve permanent weight loss. I have gained about 5 pounds since Thanksgiving and Will go back to the dvd's and sooner or later the containers.

I ordered it, if its going to make it easier for me to measure out a portion using them I am all for it. I have done WW in the past and it does work but constantly weighing and measuring gets old very fast, these will make it so much easier than counting and figuring out points all day too...I like the idea of the containers they will be easier to take back and forth to work ...I am looking forward to reading about the plan using it and even the DVDs ...I have a total gym and would like to mix in the DVD's on days I dont use the TG...

Super Contributor

This reminds me of an old Richard Simmons diet. He had a folder with cards in it that represented the different food groups.

As you ate from each food group, you moved the corresponding card to the right. When you had no cards remaining on the left, you were done eating for the day. He also had accompanying fitness videos. It was very popular.

Frequent Contributor
On 1/2/2015 LucieLu said: You can make up your own containers with items you already have and do your own portion control without spending $73. Goal for the new year is spend less and eat healthy.

I thought the same thing - what is so special about the containers? Looks like some I've gotten at the Dollar store. Also notice that the plates were on huge placemats which was also deceiving. I guess like anything if it works it's worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

A friend who is very good shape did the program. She said the workouts were very hard.

Respected Contributor
The moves can be modified if necessary. You can move more slowly if it' s too fast. Use lighter or no weights. Walk in place if a move has too much impact. And so on. Do what you can and work toward improving. It doesn't take long to see progress.
Contributor
I watched the show and personally feel that if you know to eat a cup of one food and a half cup of another (using WW or another diet plan)...why not buy plastic containers at Walmart and use those along with an exercise DVD of your choice from the library (free). Total cost shouldn't be more than $10.
Respected Contributor

Yep, Amy, your suggestion will work for some. Others, like me, need more structure. It's great that there are lots of options for managing nutrition and exercise.