Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
On 1/2/2015 poppinfresh said:

Well, thank you GoodStuff for your very respectful input. I am certain we will all benefit from from said input, and stop with all the crazy idea's we have for attempting to get healthy.

Hey. Working to get healthier is great. Thinking you will become fit and bikini-worthy in 3 weeks by dropping $73 on a QVC "instant fitness" product is pretty much nuts. Go to the library and pick up some free fitness and nutrition books. Work out a sensible exercise plan. Recognize that the changes will take commitment and time.

Contributor
You can make up your own containers with items you already have and do your own portion control without spending $73. Goal for the new year is spend less and eat healthy.
New Contributor

Everything Goodstuff said is on the mark.

Aside from all that, last night there was a question no the item description page about the QVC price compared to price from web site, with the answer being the price was the same. QVC's so-called free shipping wasn't free, just added on, making the total the same as buying direct for less plus s/h. I commented it was also the same price at Amazon and the only thing "special" about buying from QVC was the Easy Pay and easy 3-day return. Today that question and those answers are gone. Not the first time I've seen less-than-glowing comments removed from TSVs on the day they're being touted as being so very special. Just sayin ....

New Contributor
On 1/2/2015 LucieLu said: You can make up your own containers with items you already have and do your own portion control without spending $73. Goal for the new year is spend less and eat healthy.

I totally agree. On all points

Super Contributor

You do not need plastic cups... just use your hands!

A Fist Is Approximately the Size of a Cup

Now, don't go looking over at your 6'5" husband for his huge fist size; this is an average woman's fist. So, make a fist, look at your pasta on your plate and give a rough estimate of how many servings that spaghetti is.

Got a big glass of soda in front of you and you don't know how many ounces it is? Turn your fist on its side and place next to the glass. The top of your fist measures approximately 8 ounces.

A Palm Is Approximately a Serving of Meat

An average woman's palm is roughly the same size as a 3-4 ounce portion of beef, fish, or chicken. If this perplexes you when trying to figure out serving size, think of a deck of cards; that's approximately equal to a 4 ounce serving of meats.

Your Thumb Is About One Ounce

If you're curious about how much peanut butter you put on that slab of bread, think of the size of your thumb. If the peanut butter is roughly equal to your WHOLE thumb, you've got approximately one ounce of protein. This hand measurement works well for cheeses too - one ounce of cheese is equal to the size of your thumb.

The Top 1/2 of Your Index Finger Is Around One Teaspoon

From the top of your index finger to your first knuckle is about one ounce or a serving size of mayonnaise, butter, or cooking oil. This portion of your finger is also roughly equivalent to a teaspoon of sugar.

Use Your Cupped Palm

A cupped palm (or 'handful') holds one serving size (one ounce) of nuts or raisins. Two handfuls is one serving of popcorn, chips or pretzels.

Respected Contributor
I'm so sorry that this program was given the name 21Day Fix. No, you'll not reaxh your goal in 21 days, but you'll be on a good healthy path. I have this program and I love it because it makes food tracking/logging so easy for me. I've done other plans that require weiging portions, etc., and although that method works, it's a lot more hassle than using this container plan. This is much easier to implement, and I love it. Q's price is higher than other places, so if you're interested, shop around. But please, don't slam the program simply because of its name or because there are other ways to achieve the same thing. Some people (me, for example) need the structure and ease this program provides.
Trusted Contributor

The 21 Day Fix is just a catchy title the manufacturer is using to get people's attention. It's a well known fact that it takes 21 days to get a habit established. It's a good start but I hope that people don't buy it expecting miracles in 21 days.

Frequent Contributor
On 1/3/2015 nomless said: I'm so sorry that this program was given the name 21Day Fix. No, you'll not reaxh your goal in 21 days, but you'll be on a good healthy path. I have this program and I love it because it makes food tracking/logging so easy for me. I've done other plans that require weiging portions, etc., and although that method works, it's a lot more hassle than using this container plan. This is much easier to implement, and I love it. Q's price is higher than other places, so if you're interested, shop around. But please, don't slam the program simply because of its name or because there are other ways to achieve the same thing. Some people (me, for example) need the structure and ease this program provides.

Well said nomless, I was just thinking the same thing. For those that can do it on there own without the help of these types of programs, I give them a huge {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}. However as you stated some do need structure, and programs such as this are a huge help.

Super Contributor

The number one thing that has always worked for me is to simply keep track of your calories in and exercise 3 times a week. I've also lost weight without exercising at all. Food is a HUUUUUUUGE part of gaining (and losing) weight. There are many websites and apps you can use to help track your calories. It's a real eye-opener when you first start tracking.

Super Contributor
On 1/3/2015 AnnaBella said:

Got a big glass of soda in front of you and you don't know how many ounces it is? Turn your fist on its side and place next to the glass. The top of your fist measures approximately 8 ounces.

Or better yet... don't drink it.