Respected Contributor

Re: 2020 was the Deadliest Year in U.S. History

@chessylady wrote:

The American Rescue Act has been signed. Middle class and poor people will get monetary relief. About half of the children in poverty will be lifted out of poverty. About 11/2 million people a day are getting vaccinated now. I am hopeful that we never have to live another year like 2020. Get your vaccine when it is your turn.

Sorry to break it to you but there are worse things coming.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@ID2 Ok, so what stats do you believe?

@Love my grandkids  The ones she makes up. I’m surprised she got the vaccine since she’s been saying she doesn’t believe in the pandemic from the beginning.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 Ok, so what stats do you believe?

@Love my grandkids  The ones she makes up. I’m surprised she got the vaccine since she’s been saying she doesn’t believe in the pandemic from the beginning.

I have noticed that too, that many of the posters that debated the severity of the pandemic have been quick to get vaccines.  

I am glad that they at least took this important action.

Valued Contributor

@chessylady I have no idea where you are getting your statistics (well, actually I can take a pretty good guess), but you are so far off of reality that its hardly worth an argument. Our GNP is about to be outweighed by the trillions of dollars of debt we keep racking up. And "half the children lifted out of poverty"? Outrageous statement. The American Rescue Act has almost NOTHING in it for the average American citizen (estimates are 9% of the bill). And let's don't forget those 3-6,000 unaccompanied children suddenly crossing our Southern border each day. Read the Act!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu

@Biftu wrote:

No need to "tease" out anything.  Deaths are deaths, it's just that deaths from the pandemic brought the numbers of deaths up to make 2020 the deadliest year.  Of course there were deaths not related to the pandenic included in this statistic.

I have every  right to voice that  included in those stats are deaths from other major health issues other than from the Pandemic.  I had a cousin die from suicide  because she felt trapped locked down  in NJ with covid 19 all around and not being able to see her family .

I was just mentioning  drug over dose and suicide because the Pandemic over shadowed these  serious health issues that has lead to many deaths . 

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  Awful statistics! Thank Goodness we have the vaccines becoming available to many of the most vulnerable, and then to the rest of us! Hooray for our scientists! And, get with the program you government bureaucrats!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting and going off topic

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

I have every  right to voice that  included in those stats are deaths from other major health issues other than from the Pandemic.  I had a cousin die from suicide  because she felt trapped locked down  in NJ with covid 19 all around and not being able to see her family .

I was just mentioning  drug over dose and suicide because the Pandemic over shadowed these  serious health issues that has lead to many deaths . 

I never wrote that!

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

The American Rescue Act has been signed. Middle class and poor people will get monetary relief. About half of the children in poverty will be lifted out of poverty. About 11/2 million people a day are getting vaccinated now. I am hopeful that we never have to live another year like 2020. Get your vaccine when it is your turn.

Sorry to break it to you but there are worse things coming.

What, do you have something planned?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 Nope. Deaths are deaths, regardless of the cause.

All I can say is , Thank God that researchers do tease out the major causes of mortality in the US so others in the  medical fields  can  try to provide better treatment modalities, identify  & promote preventative care strategies . How do you suppose there was such an initiative in  identifying  , preventing and combating cardiac disease  . It was  from overall mortality rate stats  that were teased out to identify the top causes of the US mortality.