Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Commit To Be Fit Challenge

I've been taking an 8am and 1pm walk each day now that it is warmer. Maybe I'm immature (okay, I know I am), but a neighbor joined me for a bit. Politely put, she "toots" when she walks and I have a hard time not laughing. She doesn't acknowledge it so I tried to keep a straight face until I closed the overhead garage door and lost it.😂 

Valued Contributor

@AuntGoh my goodness you are better than me because I think I would have lost it. I was cracking up just reading your post. 

But on a serious note why does that happen? On my so sorry still laughing I guess I’m immature too. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Valued Contributor

Breakfast - homemade green juice and chia pudding

Lunch - 1 slice of grain toast with avocado slices and egg whites. Also fresh mango and almonds. 

Dinner - salad with bacon flavored olive oil. This oil’s flavoring is all plant based no meat and it is delicious. Roasted veggies, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, chickpeas. Roasted with butter flavored olive oil again plant based. Also strawberries for dessert.

i made homemade banana raspberry sherbet with almond milk in my Vitamix for a snack later.

Throughout the day I drank water and herbal tea. I buy decaf loose tea. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I've been taking an 8am and 1pm walk each day now that it is warmer. Maybe I'm immature (okay, I know I am), but a neighbor joined me for a bit. Politely put, she "toots" when she walks and I have a hard time not laughing. She doesn't acknowledge it so I tried to keep a straight face until I closed the overhead garage door and lost it.😂 

LOL!!!!Smiley LOL

My H does it and will say "walk in front of me" LOL  

Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Commit To Be Fit Challenge@

@AuntG  So good to see you here again and sharing a funny!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandPiper  We are doing this!  Although today wasn't my best I'm still here and posting:

1st break fast:  shredded hash potatoes

Italian restaurant:  not a huge fan of restaurants as not as much control over food.  I did the best I could given the menu

dinner salad w/balsamic vinegar

whole wheat (no egg) rigatoni with marinara

Lovin' your breakfast and chia pudding is a fav.  Hubs bought me a soyabella to make homemade almond milk.  I've haven't used it yet so I can't report the results but I'll report when I do.  I'm stuffed from the pasta (rarely eat),  but that raspberry/banana sorbet sounds mighty good.  I have frozen bananas, frozen berries, and a new Vitamix ready to whip up that dish!  

Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd I love chia pudding too. The sherbet was delish. I love my Vitamix, I use it everyday. I know my dinner already so I might as well post today’s menu.

Breakfast - Homemade green juice, 1/2 cup overnight oats with cinnamon, cacao nips, goji berries and a handful of chopped walnuts

Lunch - huge salad with lots of veggies, chickpeas and tuna fish, vinegar and balsamic dressing, water

Dinner - 4 oz baked salmon topped with olive oil, tomato slice and a bit of panko,  rest of tomato cut up and baked in pan with salmon, a clementine for dessert, lemon water

Herbal tea, decaf green tea - flavor: strawberry and black currant

@tsavorite Thinking about you, hope you are on the mend with your plan. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandPiper  A little rough after that restaurant pasta...just not my food.  Here's my food for today:

juicy champagne mangoes

huge salad:  spring mix,  tomatoes, celery, avo, hemp seed, carrots, beet 

3 walnuts

home made dressing- no fat

I like to have herbal tea in the evening.

Pretty boring huh?  But the fruits and veggies make my body hum.  Yes...the Vitamix is everything!  Thanks for joining in posting, keeps me conscious about what goes in my mouth.

@tsavorite  Let us know if that hip is healing and you are feeling better.

Respected Contributor

Hi @SandPiper and @phoenixbrd  just waiting on my groin/hip thing to feel better before I attempt any rehab exercises.  I can at least now walk around at a normal pace without discomfort...so it is getting there.  Still going to proceed with caution.

Tomorrow I am planning on doing only upper body weights...and see how I go from there.

It has been a beautiful sunny day here...I wish everyday was like this!

Have a good Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Hi @SandPiper and @phoenixbrd  just waiting on my groin/hip thing to feel better before I attempt any rehab exercises.  I can at least now walk around at a normal pace without discomfort...so it is getting there.  Still going to proceed with caution.

Tomorrow I am planning on doing only upper body weights...and see how I go from there.

It has been a beautiful sunny day here...I wish everyday was like this!

Have a good Smiley Very Happy

I was just going to join in to say the same about me— unfortunately I pulled my groin muscle about 2 months ago, it’s healing but very slowly.  Haven’t been able to do my walks or much of anything, gaining weight and feeling miserable...dr wants me to go to physical therapy....just when I think it’s better, I turn and there it goes...never had anything like this...would love to hear some words of wisdom??  It’s biking and walking season and I just want to feel better, I’m afraid I’ll re injure it.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it