Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Commit To Be Fit Challenge

image.jpeg@KonaKat: We have snow and only happens every few years in my area. We have no snow equipment. City government and schools closed. Please not your problem about the pedometer but I will probably get it set up later because looking for more videos and instructions on line because I am tech challenged. No grocery shopping today. Will make pot of chicken noodle soup. Stay safe and warm. SouthernBee 

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean I tried your pancake recipe and instead of four I ground oats in my ninja....they were really good.Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee@Your snow looks beautiful.We didn't get any so far and I do miss it.I love the fresh clean look and the silence of a snow storm.

I was wondering how your knees were feeling and if you were able to find an upper body workout to try while sitting down?

I will be heading out soon for a Pilates workout.We have a really good instructor who assures us that if we continue to practice,we won't need depends...we will see but I am not sure that anyone is going to fess up!I workout with the same women that I started with more than ten years ago so we are a really close group that supports each other through good and bad.I feel so lucky to have met these people and I think without them I would not be so consistent with my workouts.

Valued Contributor

@gloriajean Thanks so much for the recipes. They sound yummy. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

image.jpeg@dex: My exercise chair. Knee somewhat better. Upper work out for 5 minutes and need to increase my minutes daily. Walked 200 steps. Trying to do something today since will be tempted to consume coffee and hot chocolate. Enjoy your exercise and being with friends. SouthernBee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee Oh my goodness I have never seen that type of chair...at first glance I thought it was a potty seat and I thought oh no things must be much worse with those knees than she let on...whooo thank goodness you are not that laid up by the knees.Good to hear that you are keeping up with your fitness plans and now I have to ask you....did you hide the chocolate?I found some that I hid and now I can't stop thinking that I should just eat it all to make room for other food storage.

Honored Contributor

@dex: The round disk on top of the chair is to move right and left to exercise the mid section. I use the multicolor bands to put under feet and pull up when able because it is hard for me to un clip the top bands and put on bottom side of the chair. Hope you can understand me.

I hid the box of chocolates. I use instant hot chocolate mix and prepare with water instead of milk to reduce the calories, another small change.

Hope you have fun ? I am finish with laundry, exercise and cooking. Need to drink 4 more glasses of water and get more exercise with trips to potty. DH ready to watch movies. SouthernBee 

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean your pancakes are something I'll have to try. I generally make steel cut oatmeal in a crockpot, adding a chopped apple and walnuts to it.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee the brand name of our pedometer is Omron. My husband attaches his to his belt, and I clip mine to my undies. It's easy to set up and tracks all our steps.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!  checking in late today....I got my 30mins on the elliptical today in the morning before my salon appt.  I felt good and was able to keep my speed around 3.9 to 4.1....going back and forth.  Did stretching also.  I did notice I felt "off" while at the salon....started to worry I might have a dizzy episode while getting my hair washed....I kept staring at one single spot on the ceiling praying for it NOT to happen I began to tense my neck/shoulder muscles....never so glad to get upright.  My hair dresser is really understanding about my "issues" and goes slowly and very gentle.

I am thinking I will keep a eye on this as SandPiper mentioned ones breathing or lack of it correctly.  I am tyring to catch myself if I notice I am holding a breath....didn't do that today for sure.  Made sure as I always do to hydrate well before and after...then a protein drink.

Hope everyone is doing well today...it was freezing here again....supposed to warm up some by Friday....just getting above 32 would be nice for a change...might break out the shorts LOL! NOT!